Free CCNA Course

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by cisco lab rat, Jun 19, 2010.

1. Shuayb

Shuayb Bit Poster

I've signed up as it's too good to miss. Need to get CCNA under the belt.

Certifications: See Signature
    WIP: SSCP, CCNA Security
  2. cisco lab rat

cisco lab rat Megabyte Poster

Hello all,

Just a reminder that we kick off the very first free on-line CCNA course on the 2nd of September, if you have not registered yet then please feel free to do so here REGISTER

Hope you can all make it.

Cheers

Joe

Certifications: Yes I pretty much am!!
    WIP: Fizzicks Degree
  3. michael78

michael78 Terabyte Poster

Joe are anymore of these courses going to run this year or next for people who can't make it to this one?

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP | MCDST | MCTS: Hyper-V | MCTS: AD | MCTS: Exchange 2007 | MCTS: Windows 7 | MCSA: 2003 | ITIL Foundation v3 | CCA: Xenapp 5.0 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Administrator on Windows 7 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician on Windows 7
    WIP: Online SAN Overview, VCP in December 2011
  4. cisco lab rat

I expect to run another free on-line course, possibly the N+ probably starting January.

We have people from all over the world attending this free CCNA course which is quite cool. 8), but I'll have to keep the cockney slang to a minimum and stick to BBC english.

5. KeithM

KeithM New Member

Thanks very much for this, signed up :)

WIP: BSc, A+
  6. Simonvm

Simonvm Kilobyte Poster

Did you already send the mail with instructions?
    Only one I received yet was about a Spanning Tree Webinar (from july)

Last edited: Aug 26, 2010
    Certifications: MCITP: EST, MCDST, MCTS, A+, N+, CCNP, CCNA Wireless
  7. toshiba145

toshiba145 Nibble Poster

do i have to have a micrphone? cant i just listen?

Certifications: A+, CCNA
    WIP: MCITP
  8. cisco lab rat

The joining instructions will be sent out on Monday/Tuesday. I will create a dedicated page on the website with the required links to sign up for each session, all of this info will be in the email that I will put together shortly.

Yes, in fact Speakers only would be fine since you can ask me questions during the Q and A sessions, everyone will remain muted for the entire session due to the potential of feedack.

9. Haze

Haze Nibble Poster

This looks brilliant, it's a superb idea and very good of you - I'll certainly give it a whirl as part of my development, cheers! :D

Certifications: MCSA (Windows 7), MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician (Windows 7), MCTS: Windows 7 & Office 2010 Deployment, Level 3 Diploma in ICT Professional Competence, Level 3 Certificate in ICT Systems and Principles, Advanced Level Apprenticeship for IT Professionals
    WIP: MCSA: Server 2012
  10. Mecha

Mecha Bit Poster

Signed up and will be waiting :)

Certifications: BSc Networking, A+ (601)
    WIP: MSc InfoSec, S+, CISMP, IA ISO27001
  11. Simonvm

Simonvm Kilobyte Poster

Just received the info, looking forward.

If I can get the headset to work, that is :)

12. cisco lab rat

Cheers Simon, you just save me the trouble of digging out the thread.:biggrin

Right you scruffy lot, here is the link for the webinar calender

But before you go to the calender, best if you register yourselves onto the webinar mailing list so that I can spam you, no only joking, register in case I need to up date you on date changes or extra sessions, that sort of thing. REGISTER HERE

Just above the registration box you'll see the link to the calender. It is a bit of a rigmarole but once you locate the calender all you need to do is bookmark the page it and remember to register for the Monday and Thursday sessions, when you click on the calender link they will display the topic being covered that evening.

The sessions will kick off at 8:00pm until minimum 10pm, we will have Q&A sessions on the IM so you won't be in bed with your coco until 10:30pm, (No pain, feel the burn, bird in the hand, etc, etc insert 1980's american motivational phrases here)

Look forward to seeing you all there on Thursday and bring a friend there is plenty of space on the yacht.

So, Too-da-loo chaps, must dash the Martini is getting warm and the ladies are getting cold

13. ChrisH1979

ChrisH1979 Byte Poster

Edit: nm Sorted now

Last edited: Sep 2, 2010
    Certifications: MCITP:SA, MCSA, MCTS:Win 7, Application Infrastructure
    WIP: MCITP:EA
  14. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Hey Joe, I registered after the last session but no email yet with the info about the ccna course. Looks like I won't be joining you tonight. :cry:

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  15. gosh1976

gosh1976 Kilobyte Poster

What a great service to the IT community! I'm really disappointed that I'm either at work or school during all the webinar sessions.

Certifications: A+, Net+, MCDST, CCENT, MCTS: Win 7 Configuring, CCNA
  16. Simonvm

Simonvm Kilobyte Poster

17. JK2447
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

Nice one Joe, enjoyed that

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
  18. dazza786

dazza786 Megabyte Poster

Agreed, thanks mate :)

that snoring was hilarious

Certifications: MCP (271, 272, 270, 290, 291, 621, 681, 685), MCDST, MCTS, MCITP, MCSA, Security+, CCA(XA6.5)
  19. StewartC

StewartC Bit Poster

Thanks Joe, another satisfied student, just a quick question, where can I download the labs you mentioned at the start? I can't find a link in any of the emails you sent

Certifications: BSc Hons Computing Science
    WIP: 70-270
  20. cisco lab rat

It sounded like an angry dog looking for sausages.

If you go to the website, look for todays date, click on the link and a google calender page will appear, the second link down will get you the lab.

Regarding notification of the course dates, I will for the first few time send out e-mails to notify (Remind) everyone, but sessions will run every Monday and Thursday, same time. The calender lists the topics covered on each session.

Cheers chaps

See you all on the next session on Monday the 6th September 8:00pm