Fraser McKenzie

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by micheal, Sep 16, 2009.

1. micheal

micheal New Member

My son signed a contract back in october with fraser mckenzie. he is a beginner in I.T and he cannot finish the course. i dont mind paying the 4 grand but if october comes again then i will have to pay 8 grand. We want to close the contract and just pay off the 4 grand and get it over and done with. but we do not know who to contact can somebody please help.

2. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  3. JK2447
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

My sentiments exactly. Please please please use the search facility, all due respect to you and your predicamant. Jim

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
  4. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

have you tried contacting frazer mckenzie? that would be the first place that I'd ask.

5. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

I would contact whatever financial institution you owe the 4K to with a check in hand.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  6. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Not again :D

Didn't they go bankrupt or something?

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  7. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

There are three parties to the agreement:
    You/Your son - FM - The bank.

You need to get at least one of the other two to agree with you in order to get anywhere.
    You/your son will have contracts with both with various terms and conditions.
    I suggest the first thing you do is dig them out and see exactly what you have agreed to.

If you are resigned to a loss anyway, then settling early may save you some interest.

You will need to be a bit clearer about why your son cannot finish the course.
    You say it's because he is new to IT - FM will just say that they have support to help him and he will have to show that he tried to use it and it didn't help.

Basically, to break the contract you will need to proove that your son did what he could and in some way FM failed to provide what they promised.

Try CAB in the first instance, then consider small claims.
    On the up side, many companies won't want to go through the hassle of a court case - on the downside, if FM has gone bust as has been suggested - you're wasting your time. You'll get no course material, no support and no chance of any of your money back.

Oh, and AAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!! :blink

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  8. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

Oh, just a thought -
    If you've paid by bank loan or credit card, you may be able to go to them and say that you cannot get what you've paid for because the company has gone bust. Assuming they have, I can't really be bothered to check if you can't.
    You may well be entitled to some sort of help, even if it's only training with another company.
    Cut your losses! :biggrin

9. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

Oh, and HA HA!

I've just noticed that the Google ad banner at the top of this page is for FM!

That's just poetry in a bucket! :clap

10. JK2447
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

Wouldn't know mate, us green boys don't get banners :D 8)

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
  11. grannyhand

grannyhand New Member

my daughter is in the same boat the bank has asked to start paying back the money can any one give me some advise she only done 4 weeks training and could not pass the first exam she was unemployed so how the hell was she going to pay them back .........what a scam:

12. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

That would depend on the circumstances.
    We see this sort of thing all too often.

Why did she only do 4 weeks training?
    Did they tell her she wasn't allowed to do more than that, or did she just get fed up and stop studying?
    Was she supposed to take an exam after the first 4 weeks? Which exam was it?
    Did FM tell her she was ready to do the exam?
    Did she attempt the exam and fail, or not even attempt it?

I'm sure FM leave a lot to be desired given the other posts we've seen.
    However, it's often a two way thing.
    If I go and buy a car from a dealer then never drive it - or maybe never even collect it from the dealer - have they scammed me?
    Should they give me my money back?

13. swatto

swatto Byte Poster

Neither do those of us who run ad blocking software :twisted:

Certifications: BTEC Nat Dip: Software Dev, A+
    WIP: None Yet
  14. kevicho

kevicho Gigabyte Poster

Technically the consumer credit agreement act gives people the opportunity to "sue" or reclaim (whichever wording you prefer), the money back from the lender if the company itself goes bust and doesnt provide what you have paid for.

Worth asking the CAB about this.

Certifications: A+, Net+, MCSA Server 2003, 2008, Windows XP & 7 , ITIL V3 Foundation
    WIP: CCNA Renewal