Forum Handle

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by tripwire45, Feb 9, 2005.

1. Veteran's son

Veteran's son Megabyte Poster

My forum handle was chosen out of respect for
    my father.

He served with the Royal Canadian Engineers during
    World War 2 and the Korean War.

Certifications: A+
    WIP: N+
  2. moominboy

moominboy Gigabyte Poster

although jak has a point and jakamoko was a superb cartoon character i have to say i think the moomins pip it to the post, along with fingermouse, button moon, the clangers...etc! hence moominboy!

they're justified, ancient and they drive an ice cream van...apparently! :biggrin

Certifications: ECDL
    WIP: A+
  3. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

well a zimbo is the name we gave to ourselves in zimbabwe.. hence we all zimbos!! :P

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  4. sneezie

sneezie Nibble Poster

fingermouse, button moon, the clangers? I don't remember those...

But I use to love the moomins! One of my fave cartoons back in the old days.

As for me, sneezie is my nickname cos I got an ultra sensitive nose and sneeze all year round. :x

Certifications: Degree
    WIP: MCAD in vb.net
  5. Karen44

Karen44 Nibble Poster

Evening!

Bit of an old thread but thought I'd contribute!

Karen = my name (funnily enough!)

The 44 is my late Granddad's army number. It is my lucky number and is always with me - be it the time, miles on my speedometer, number on sports shirts, lottery number etc etc. Its more than co-incidence (well, feels that way!) and allows me to spare a few minutes thought for my Granddad almost every day. :biggrin

How's that for a soppy username?!

Certifications: None worth mentioning yet...
    WIP: A+, N+, MCSE
  6. Veteran's son

Veteran's son Megabyte Poster

I think that is a nice username, Karen! :salut

WIP: N+
  7. Raffaz

Raffaz Kebab Lover Gold Member

Raffaz is me nickname, second names rafferty

Certifications: A+, MCP, MCDST, AutoCAD
    WIP: Rennovating my house
  8. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

Blimey - whats with these old threads being resurrected?

My nickname is absolutely 100% unique. I've used it online for about six years now. It comes from my childhood. There was this weird little kid who used to hang around with my brother (he was his best friend's kid brother). This kid was weird with a capital 'W' (and a capital 'EIRD' too) but really, really funny as well. He used to have all these stupid words that he invented himself - most of them absolutely untranscribable. The one word he used that COULD be written down pretty easily was 'zebulebu' - so i adopted it and have used it ever since :p

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  9. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Are you sure you got the spelling correct?

If it was Zebbuleebu it would be an anagram of Beelzebub and from the description of your friend, it's highly likely :twisted:

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  10. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

LOL - no, trust me - this kid was 'weird' but not 'weird' as in 'intelligent weird'. Certainly not intelligent enough to know the true name of the lord of the Flies in any case...

11. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Quite literally ROTFLMAO !!!!!!

Zeb = Lord of the Files, methinks :biggrin

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  12. AJ

AJ 01000001 01100100 01101101 01101001 01101110 Administrator

Now I am worried

Are you coming to the Christmas do Zeb. If you are I'll bring the garlic and holy water :ohmy

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Breathing in and out, but not out and in, that's just wrong
  13. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

LOL - hopefully, but since I'll be leaving my current job next month and the new one has no sites outside the M25, I might find it difficult to coincide it with a 'work' trip...

And you needn't worry - I'm not a devil worshipper. That said, I DO own a Morbid Angel t-shirt... :twisted:

14. Tahrey

Tahrey Bit Poster

heh, well, a lot of people tend to get this wrong when trying to say it, or spell it, and it leads to some gender confusion (which I originally disliked, but have come to embrace as it can be funny and aids anonymity) .... but I'm sure all you IT heads can probably figure it.

if you need any more clues then i'll say that i regard any program that requires more than 1mb of main RAM or 720kb of disc storage as being inherently wasteful, and as having an untidy layout if it can't fit into 640x200 or at least 640x400 :) and i can't understand why command lines still get so much popularity when there's only been a few limited real uses for them since about 1985. Real GUIs only require a 192kb ROM... :D

coined in 1995 when i first got a Yahoo Mail account and started using MS Windows and the ugly, inefficient intel-based lumps colloquially known as (im)Personal Computers :D

I wanted to use a custom avatar showing a certain fox-squirrel with gold and brown striped fur and emerald green eyes, but i lost the icon file for it. So instead I have a more amusing but less cryptic avvie illustrating the nickname the ice cream van guy who used to do his business at the school gates had for me in my geeky schooldays NHS specs.

EDIT: Snarf, didn't read all the way through, didn't realise the topic had shifted ... anyway, think I'll leave it like that now. Necrotopical Threadjackmancery a-go-go!

Certifications: GCSE in IT... and that's it
    WIP: ECDL / Whatever finally seems right
  15. Metalstar

Metalstar Kilobyte Poster

Rather boring I'm afraid. Most people think my name stems from a penchant for metal music. It's actually from back in the day, when I was playing Quake and Unreal Tournament alot. I used whatever name I felt like but obviously needed a permanent title once I was entering tourneys etc.

So I found a "Quake name" generator and vowed that the 1st name it produced would be my online handle.

I was fairly lucky I suppose, the next 2 names it came up with were "PopeQueen" and "OldManSafari"

WIP: Network+
  16. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

Bad Metalstar! The last post from this was over two and a half years ago lol.

Make a new thread, man! :p

Qs

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  17. Metalstar

Metalstar Kilobyte Poster

Ha oops. Sometimes when I am flicking around the forum I dont check the date of the last post. Surely there is no more relevant place to post this though :biggrin

18. Qs

Then as stated, create a new thread! :p I'd contribute to it so there's no fear of no replies lol.

Plus we have lots of new members since this thread was last updated so it could be an interesting read.

Qs

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  19. Pheonicks56

Pheonicks56 Kilobyte Poster

Just waiting on the new thread to start so I can post...

Certifications: BSIT, AAIT, A+
  20. Qs

May be worth taking the reins and creating one yourself.

Qs