food for thought

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by zxspectrum, Aug 3, 2008.

1. zxspectrum

zxspectrum Terabyte Poster Forum Leader Gold Member

Does anyone here try and lead a healthy lifestyle. ONly asking as ive started getting back into cooking from scratch and mty recent thing that i cant get enough of are spicy potatoe wedges here

http://www.channel4.com/food/recipe...-burgers-with-beetroot-relish-recipe_p_1.html

They are so easy to make and my my they taste great.

Ed

Certifications: BSc computing and information systems
    WIP: 70-680
  2. grim

grim Gigabyte Poster

i cook all my own food, dont drink much alcohol any more and rarely eat fast food.

for the last 3 weeks ive been on a low carb diet. its given me so much more energy, a smaller appetite and burning body fat a stupidly fast rate. its also meaning my workouts in the gym are alot more thorough. so far havent experienced any of the bad side affects such as bad head aches etc. im putting it down to the amount of football i used to play and my body is probably used to going into ketosis

Grim

Certifications: Bsc, 70-270, 70-290, 70-291, 70-293, 70-294, 70-298, 70-299, 70-620, 70-649, 70-680
    WIP: 70-646, 70-640
  3. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

I suppose relative to the rest of the western world, I live a moderately healthy lifestyle. I haven't been to the gym in a few weeks. I hit some sort of motivational wall and haven't been able to work my way back into aerobics or weight training.

I generally only drink coffee, decaf tea, or water. Sodas and especially diet sodas will do you in.

Try to balance my food intake between protein, veggies, and fruits. Not always successful in achieving a true balance since I'm a real meat eater.

I"m really not used to drinking anymore. I had a few glasses of wine over the past two days and I can really feel how they've affected me. I figure these days I'm good for about one beer or one glass of wine a week. Any more, and it makes a negative impact.

Still doing a "flushing" of "waste" out of my body, but dropped back to once every three weeks. Haven't done a true detox for a few months now. The process is kind of pricey, and I'd like to be in more than a temp job before I ramp up again.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  4. Bambino1506

Bambino1506 Megabyte Poster

Mate those potato wedges sound lush, will have to try making those !!!!

Certifications: MCP,MCDST,MCSA
    WIP: CCA