Flying to Redmond

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by tripwire45, Jun 28, 2007.

1. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

That's because there's only one flight into and out of Boise. :twisted:

Sorry, couldn't resist. :biggrin

Be sure to turn off the lights in Idaho if you're the last to leave the state. :p

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  2. Bambino1506

Bambino1506 Megabyte Poster

wow good luck and keep us updated James

Certifications: MCP,MCDST,MCSA
    WIP: CCA
  3. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Last to the show as always, but .....

truly awesome, Trip - what an amazing next chapter on your self-penned rollercoaster ride. There's only one thing I'm going to say to you right now, and that is .......

Kick butts, take names !!!!! :biggrin

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  4. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

My schedule says I'm supposed to have one more phone interview with the Microsoft HR guy on Friday but his said today so he called today. Fortunately, I was working at home this afternoon and was free to talk.

He verified all of the stuff we discussed previously such as when I could start if they made an offer, etc... Then we briefly went over the schedule for interview day. He sent me a more detailed schedule of who I'd see when and said it was subject to change.

Then he went over what I should do to prepare for the interview. He did provide an me an idea of what sorts of areas I will be questioned in (functional, technical, and so on) and specifically what I could do to prepare (various websites and such). Fairly practical advice.

Unfortunately the HR guy will be on vacation for two weeks starting Monday so I won't get to meet him.

Once the interviews are over, I'll go back to Boise and within a few days or so, someone will send me an email with a basic decision: hire or no hire. If it's no hire, that's pretty much the end of the process. If it's hire, then I will enter into discussions revolving around the offer and related items.

The schedule has already changed. My last interview will probably go until around 7 p.m. Monday which means I'll miss the last flight out from Seattle to Boise (yes...there's more than one Michael. ;-) ). That means I'll be spending almost all day Sunday and all day Monday in the Seattle area and will leave first thing Tuesday. Good thing it's on Microsoft's dime.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  5. BosonMichael

More than one per week? :ohmy Impressive!!! 8)

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
  6. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

Thought you were going to say the planes have more than one engine :D

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  7. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Watching this thread with baited breath 8)

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  8. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

Thats exciting trip, you are one step closer.

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  9. Amine

Amine Byte Poster

Best of luck tripwire45 ! You can do this !

WIP: Exchange
  10. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

Just a quick update. I've arrived in Bellevue and am at my hotel now. This place is really nice to the tune of something I couldn't afford if I was footing the bill. I'm being treated very well. The weather is quite nice and it's only about 10:30 in the morning. Think I'll go out and soak up some sunshine and fresh air. Tomorrow's the "big day". :wink:

11. derkit

derkit Gigabyte Poster

Good luck for tomorrow Trip - hope it goes well.

Certifications: MBCS, BSc(Hons), Cert(Maths), A+, Net+, MCDST, ITIL-F v3, MCSA
    WIP: 70-293
  12. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

:hug Much good luck Trip. I'm poised with a cross-Atlantic hug

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  13. Raffaz

Raffaz Kebab Lover Gold Member

Good luck for tomorrow!:)

Certifications: A+, MCP, MCDST, AutoCAD
    WIP: Rennovating my house
  14. AJ

AJ 01000001 01100100 01101101 01101001 01101110 Administrator

Fingers crossed Trip :thumbleft

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Breathing in and out, but not out and in, that's just wrong
  15. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

Hey, good luck tomorrow trip.

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  16. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

Thanks, all. I just got back from driving around Lake Shammamish (which won't mean anything to you) from south to north. The northern most point goes into Redmond but I didn't do any extensive driving around there.

My first interview isn't until 11 so I'll have time to query mapquest and won't have to fight rush hour traffic.

Everywhere, it's green and with tall trees. Even though Boise is called "the City of Trees", this place makes it look like "the City of Bushes". If they make me an offer and I accept, I'll deffo have to get used to a more extensive freeway system again.

Gonna brush up on Office 2007 products after dinner and get ready for tomorrow. :wink:

17. BosonMichael

I would think your biggest challenge would be driving on paved roads again. :p

Again, I just couldn't resist. :p Paybacks will be forthcoming, I'm sure. ;)

18. Tartanbill

Tartanbill Bit Poster

And I thought just having one Bush in the US was bad enough, let alone a whole city of them :P

19. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

Well...it's over. I'm getting ready to leave the hotel and fly back home. I have my own impressions as to how the interviews went but I'll hold back on revealing those thoughts until I get the official word.

Thanks again everyone for all your well wishes. Cheers. :)

-Trip

20. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

:hug I'm sure you did the business, Trip!

Go and have a well-deserved rest!

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA