FITS Practitioner level

Discussion in 'Service Management Frameworks' started by GrumbleDook, Dec 1, 2009.

1. GrumbleDook

GrumbleDook Byte Poster

Having recently completed the new course (in pilot) for an Education specific IT qualification (with Ken amongst others) I am now just waiting for the date for the exam.

I just thought I would let people know that the courses are now being delivered and the first certificates are expected to be issued (in Torbay) on 15th December.

I'll give you my impression of the exam once I have taken it.

If anyone is working in education then have a look at http://www.thefitsfoundation.org for more info.

2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

It is alot more interesting (and easier to digest) than the more complex ITIL path (even though FITS is based on ITIL), I can assure you. The practitioner level is a two day course with most of the theory done in day 1, then the "practical" sessions in day two.

On the training course you get the training manual (which are all the slides, plus space to make notes), handouts & practicals as well as the FITS reference manual. At the end of the course you also get a cert of attendance. So just looking forward to the exam now :)

The Practitioner exam is mapped to SCQF level 7, which in the UK would be NQF level 4 - HNC level (however getting clarification on the levels).

Once I get the Practitioner exam out of the way, can't wait for the Manager's level course/exam :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

UKDarkstar Terabyte Poster

Sounds good guys !

Keep it up ! :biggrin

Certifications: BA (Hons), MBCS, CITP, MInstLM, ITIL v3 Fdn, PTLLS, CELTA
    WIP: CMALT (about to submit), DTLLS (on hold until 2012)