First quiz night

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by nugget, Oct 8, 2004.

1. Bull Gates

Bull Gates Byte Poster

How dare u challenge Bull's Horns u @**#&^% :x lol
    Never Mind!!!
    BTW i agree with AJ as m also not studying A+ but i'll definitely answer the questions which r within my capacity or else i'll act as an unofficial moderator :D :D :D
    Another thing is m in the GMT+5:30 Time Zone so wht will b the GMT @ 9:00 European time :blink Pls don't mind if this sounds stupid coz i don't have much knowledge of Time Zones n the Eastern Time n Pacific Time thing pisses me off :rolleyes:

Certifications: MCP
    WIP: MCSE
  2. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

I hope you're a night owl Bull, as it will be about 3 in the morning for you (I think). :cry:

Just thinking Bull, if you're on now and anytime up to 2 hours ago you should be ok.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  3. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Well, it sounds like the plans are laid, so there's prob little point in squabbling over the fine-print at this stage.

I wish you 100% success in this venture, and bugger it - I for one will be watching quietly with interest.

GOOD LUCK [​IMG] [​IMG]

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  4. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

What? You think I'm working to a plan? OMG, what are you thinking Jak?
    :D

Didn't you read Of mice and men? The best laid plans of mice and men always go astray, that's why I'll be winging it all the way. :D

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
  5. Bull Gates

Bull Gates Byte Poster

Absolutely true that its 3am over here n i'll b online @ 1:00 am on tuesday.
    BTW m using Mozilla FireFox n the Chat applet dosen't get loaded in my browser n if i try 2 d'load the plugin then it says that no plugins available.
    Any help wud b appreciated.
    Thanx

6. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Bull, go the http:\\plugindoc.moz?? site and dl the java runtime for mozilla.

7. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

If I may be a pedantic git (shut it at the back :x ), Steinbeck actually paraphrased Rabbie Burns, who originally wrote:

Sorry :oops:

8. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

A scottish relation perhaps?? :asthanos :D

9. doctorlegg

doctorlegg Bit Poster

I never really thought about it that way, and you're right, but I think you've completely misconstrued(sp?) my reasons for planning to sit on the side lines. Nothing to do with not being able to open up and be myself, and that seemed like a bit of a big conclusion to jump to. My feeling was with such limited knowledge would I contribute anything by taking part or get in the way? Since you've explained that this won't be the case and if I'd have to guess then that's fine then I'd be really keen to take part. As I say, I didn't feel that I was ready to commit to being involved due to only being 250 pages into the Myers A+ book! Glad to hear I'm wrong!

Cheers,
    Derek.

WIP: A+
  10. Bull Gates

Bull Gates Byte Poster

Thanx Nug
    n that was funny :biggrin

11. punkboy101
    Honorary Member

punkboy101 Back from the wilderness

DrLegg, only bein 250 pages into the book don't matter. :D

I'm about the same, and I'm sure there will be lot's of q's that I wont know the answer to, I'm not embarrased to say. :D

I don't know much about the hardware side of thing's, hence I'm doing the A+ after the CCNA.

So just jump in where you can, or make a semi-educated guess. You might be suprised at what you actualy know. No one will be judging, and any joke's that there might be will be lighthearted. Were here to learn, and have a bit of fun along the way if poss! :biggrin

Anyway, I'll get back in my corner now, that legal secretary is gonna be here soon.

Certifications: CCNA
    WIP: Nada
  12. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Nugg's in denial that his ancestry is almost certainly Scottish :blink

13. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Welsh mate, Welsh. But don't tell anyone, I don't want it getting around. :D

14. AJ

AJ 01000001 01100100 01101101 01101001 01101110 Administrator

Baaaaaaaaaaaa :biggrin

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Breathing in and out, but not out and in, that's just wrong
  15. flex22

flex22 Gigabyte Poster

Beat me to it AJ.

ahh, like the armadillo put it, BUGGER IT:!:

BAAAAAAAAAA:!:

16. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

You lot taking the piss or what :dry

17. flex22

flex22 Gigabyte Poster

YES:!::!::!:

18. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Oh! :dry

19. flex22

flex22 Gigabyte Poster

Get in the way of what?

Also, how have you come to the conclusion that you have 'limited knowledge.'?

PS: Mr Mods I believe you misinterpreted somewhat my main post because you didn't realise that I was inferring to the insinauted premise of nuggets first post, that by which a+ students only shall take part in the a+ quiz night.

20. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

I disagree
    I think a good student can learn a hell of a lot more from a more experianced user answering a question they may never of gotten, and perhaps giving a brief explanation, than being told 'well nope thats wrong, next question', the whole point is to test users knowledge, but also to assist in adding to it, there will be questions some users dont get, that others do, and this will help to educate those who didnt get that perticular question, there is nothing wrong with throwing in more advanced questions, as that will interest the newer users who perhaps didnt know an ounce about that perticular subject

Many times have I heard about something, or listened to someone talk about a certain something, not known what the hell it was, and gone off and found out by myself
    this is one of the BEST ways to learn, as you are interested, and inspired

I agree with nugget, keep it A+ for now, but if it works out, expand it to all, and up the difficulty, it can only serve to help inspire a more broader userbase

just my 1tb

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0