First person shooter!

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by elli5on, Jun 24, 2006.

1. elli5on

elli5on Kilobyte Poster

This ones for all you first person shootem up fans out there(if you have not already seen it). Downloadable demo, absaloutely awesome game graphically as well as playability.

http://www.prey.com/flash.html

Give it a go.

Craig

Certifications: A+ N+
    WIP: Thinking of MCDST
  2. Malnomates

Malnomates Megabyte Poster

I'll bet there's more than a few secret gamers hidden in the CF membership.I'm one for a start off,my earliest days were on the Spectrum,shooting my bada$$ rifle in the one and only RAMBO (48k expansion required).These days I'm a much less active player,but am a long standing clan member and indulge in the delights of Joint Ops.,CoD-mainly UO as I think CoD2 is the biggest pile of sh$te to hit 1st person shooters in decades and please feel free to argue the case otherwise!!!-Quake 4 and a little UT when I have the time... :blink

Certifications: A+ Network+
  3. d-Faktor
    Honorary Member

d-Faktor R.I.P - gone but never forgotten.

i'm not a fervent fps gamer, (i'm more into adventure games myself, but that niche is as dead as a doornail), but of the upcoming fps games, prey does not look very exciting to me. 360 degrees gameplay and random portals? gimme a break. that's just lame.
    no, of the next-gen fps games, i'd put my money on crysis. that game looks friggin' awesome.

4. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

UCHEEKYMONKEY R.I.P - gone but never forgotten. Gold Member

Rambo, mmm what about Commando and Attic Attack?

Classic games, funny how crap the graphics were, but the game play was good! Then there's those other games like way of the fist, spy hunter, Jet set Willy.

You can still download emulators for ZX spectrum games to run on PC's Check out this website:-

Spectrum Emulator

Err. I have to disagree with COD2 being a pile of sh$te. The interaction between the AI. was far better than the first, plus you can hop over walls unlike some of the others - Brothers in Arms and MOH. UT2004 still rocks and is one of the best LAN shooters out there!

What didn't you like about COD2?

Monkey 8)

Certifications: Comptia A+
    WIP: Comptia N+
  5. elli5on

elli5on Kilobyte Poster

Whats crysis?? Not played COD2 so i have no input

Certifications: A+ N+
    WIP: Thinking of MCDST
  6. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

Crysis is that the new EA game?

Aaah yes there's a website here that has downloads for pics and video's IGN

As well as having the latest info all Computer Games.

Monkey :biggrin

7. Baba O'Riley

Baba O'Riley Gigabyte Poster

Crysis is the follow up (not sequel) to Far Cry, and we all know how good that is. An FPS has to be special for me to get interested, Half-Life 2, Battlefield 2, Quake 4 and Far Cry spring to mind. I love the strategy games, I'm still well into Rome: Total War. My GF loves The Sims 2 but it doesn't interest me at all.

My first love was the old C64, then the Amiga. I got an Amiga emualtor that I still play from time to time. I loved the Dizzy games and all the old Sid Meier stuff. And Elite 2, still for me the best game ever made. I bought X3 a while back and it's almost a straight update of Elite 2, I just haven't been able to get into it though.

Certifications: A+, Network+
    WIP: 70-270
  8. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

me and the wife recently finished COD and so she bought COD2 as it was discounted. To us the game is good and we are once again pretty much hooked on it.

My past favorites were Manic Minor, Ant Attack (on Spectrum) and of course the one and only Doom 8)

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  9. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

Yes Doom was a classic, I'm sure if you wore one of those heart beat monitors you would of been surprised just how high your heart beat is on those games.

When you've finished COD2 there are some new maps and mods out there just click here

Also EA games are releasing another medal of honour called Airbourne, similiar to Market Garden.

Monkey 8)

10. The_Geek

The_Geek Megabyte Poster

Well I've played the demo for Prey and aside from the 360 degree gameplay, which is intresting, it's still the same ol shoot-em-up alien game.

Certifications: CompTIA and Micro$oft
    WIP: PDI+
  11. Malnomates

Oh the good ol' days of the speccy....I still play fotball manager on an emulator and I've recently gone way way back and played the classic text adventure 'The Hobbit'..

As for CoD2,I'm referring to the multiplayer aspect,not the single player.The single player is easilly one of the best out there at the moment,but the mp fell woefully short of it's hype and has been consigned to being played only when my clan are short of a player in matches.I still play a fair bit of UO multiplayer and Joint Ops.I've attended a few of the i-series lans and plan to make the i28 in August (along with about 25 of the clan from the UK and Netherlands).

12. Baba O'Riley

I've stopped playing Joint Ops in favour of Battlefield 2 but it's a great game considering I'd never heard of it till it came with my graphics card.

13. Malnomates

We still play the co-op missions regularly,if you fancy a game sometime?

14. Baba O'Riley

Thanks for the offer. TBH I never got my head around the co-op missions and there wasn't anything in the manual about how they worked so I always stuck to the multiplayer :oops:. Send me a pm/email if you want and we'll set something up. Come to think of it, I haven't played Joint Ops since I bought my sexy new gaming mouse so I should have a pop to see if it's improved my performance - it has with every other game. :D

15. Baba O'Riley

Maybe we could set up a CertForums clan :D !