first pc build,,,,success!!!!!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by fastrhino, Nov 12, 2005.

1. fastrhino

fastrhino Nibble Poster

after 4 hrs of scratching my head and second guessing myself, my first full build is now installing the OS, i am sure going to have some fun now.

I never thought it would feel this satisfying to build my own pc :biggrin

WIP: A+
  2. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Its a great feeling when something that you have been planning comes to completion.

For you now Fastrhino the adventure really is beginning!

:D

3. arisen

arisen Byte Poster

Congrats on your first build! I'm looking to build a new pc soon myself, it's gonna be a media center pc with skt 939 amd 64 cpu, asus sli motherboard with dual nvidia sli graphics cards!!!! :eek:

I'm sure i'll have some fun and games building it! :biggrin

Certifications: BEng, PRINCE2, ITIL, Net+
    WIP: MSc, Linux+ 2009, RHCE
  4. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Well done, fastrhino - bet your heart was in your mouth when you hit the button for the first time. :biggrin

Sounding like George Peppard in the A-team there, mate :biggrin

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  5. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Well it is listed as one of my fav tv programs in my profile! :biggrin

6. fastrhino

fastrhino Nibble Poster

all is well, my new system is now fully working, OS installed, all drivers and software installed, it is gem!!! :biggrin

WIP: A+
  7. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

well done fastrhino...its liking giving birth to a baby (without the strenuous pain :eek: ) but I am happy for you mate...here's to building more and lets hope this is the start of something really good for u...:biggrin

Certifications: A+
    WIP: my life
  8. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

Glad to hear your PC build went well. Hope there are plenty more for you. You are right, you can't beat building your own. :biggrin

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  9. fig_jam_uk

fig_jam_uk Bit Poster

Nice one, i remember my 1st all those years ago "sits and contemplates where his life had gone" ive built my current machine not so long ago, and im stripping it again tommorow for the new tower that hopefull is going to show up.

good going and theres plenty more to be built. beats the crap they sell in PC world etc :twisted:

Certifications: MCP win2k PRO
    WIP: ?
  10. Rostros22

Rostros22 Kilobyte Poster

A lot bloody cheaper to! :)

Certifications: ITIL Certs, F.A.S.T Auditor Certs
    WIP: None - Application with Police
  11. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

not just cheaper...but you get to put what u want in it rather than something thats been put together by shall we say "amatuers" haha...no only kidding...I was thinking earlier on that if you bought an Apple PowerMac G5 machine, the only things you can upgrade are the graphics, the RAM and the hard drive...anything else and you either have to make sure its compatible or you take it somewhere they can install it for you (and in some cases they can cost an arm and a leg) and how many customers have I told that to? here's one brief funny call I had not so long ago....a woman rang up to say she bought a new PowerBook G4 and it only came with 512MB of RAM (and just to give u people an idea the machine cost her over £1000!!! and how much can you get a PC laptop these days with say 1GB RAM? exactly!!) anyway, she said she had an older PowerBook (bout 3 years old!!!) and she wanted to use the RAM from that PowerBook and put it in her new one to upgade it to 1GB...I sat there and then I asked her who said that would be possible? and not to my surprise she said it was the sales people at the Apple Store in Regent Street...I so wanted to laugh but couldnt...also one of my managers was listening to the call so I had to be careful what I was saying...in the end I told her it will be impossible to do that cos a) new hardware is brought out every 6months to a year b) you have to make sure the hardware your upgrading is compatible with your machine....when I asked her for the specs of both machines I found out the new PowerBook took SODIMMS that had 200 pins and were of PC4200 I think and the older PowerBook took SODIMMS that 144 pins and of alot less speed...so clearly it couldnt be done...poor woman realised she was given wrong info by the so called "geniuses" at the store (and yes if u ever go to Regent Street in London pop into the Apple Store and u will see the Genius Bar...why they call them that I will never know!!) but hey thats life and thats why I will never change to a Mac cos there aint much u can do with them...and PCs are more fun to tinker with anyway...who here agrees? :D oh and sorry for hijacking the post....

12. The_Geek

The_Geek Megabyte Poster

Here's the case for my next machine:

[​IMG]

That's right.....TEN drive bays. :D

Certifications: CompTIA and Micro$oft
    WIP: PDI+
  13. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

:eek: wow...my case has ten drive bays but nothing like that...6 of them are shown and the other four are hidden...hope you got all the drives to the fill the bays mate...:D

14. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

but my one goes to 11
    [​IMG]

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0