First IT Job?

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by Sofista, Feb 19, 2009.

1. Sofista

Sofista Bit Poster

Hi guys,

I've been sending my CV to quite a few agencies and every day I've been checking job websites, it was worth all the time I wasted as I might finally get my first IT job!

The recruiter told me that a certain company (she did not say who) want to bring back in-house IT, they have been using outsourcing companies and they are not very happy with the service.

I'm going to see the recruiter on Wednesday and we going to go over my skills and have a chat. She called me as I have Comptia and said that is required by the customer.

I would love to get the job :-)

I will update you guys on Wednesday.

Certifications: A+, MCTS, MCITP, MCP,
    WIP: Network +, MCDST
  2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

you need to keep trying, it can take years to get into IT.

Good luck on Wednesday.:D

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Good luck and let us know how you get on :)

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  4. LukeP

LukeP Gigabyte Poster

I'm located in Bristol and I'm getting plenty of phone calls in regards to jobs in Cardiff, it never goes beyond that thought

WIP: Uhmm... not sure
  5. Mikeyboy

Mikeyboy Kilobyte Poster

Luke - calls off who? I would love to find some work in Cardiff :D

Certifications: VCP,MCSA, MCP, MCDST, MCITP, MCTS, A+, N+
  6. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

Let us know how you get on!

Certifications: CCA | CCENT | CCNA | CCNA:S | HP APC | HP ASE | ITILv3 | MCP | MCDST | MCITP: EA | MCTS:Vista | MCTS:Exch '07 | MCSA 2003 | MCSA:M 2003 | MCSA 2008 | MCSE | VCP5-DT | VCP4-DCV | VCP5-DCV | VCAP5-DCA | VCAP5-DCD | VMTSP | VTSP 4 | VTSP 5
  7. LukeP

LukeP Gigabyte Poster

I'd love to tell you but I don't know. I've been looking for a job for 6 months now, sending my CV to every job advert seen in Bristol area. I've managed to secure 2 roll-out contracts but apparently they've found my CV on monster and positions weren't advertised. I apply for many jobs posted by agencies and I am getting some phonecalls back, sometimes asking me about the companies that contacted me (obvious reason), sometimes asking if I could tailor my CV more to the position. Apart from those 2 contracts I've been extremely unsuccessful in my jobseeking as I never landed an interview. :(

Funny thing is I've applied for position in Cardiff only once and it was 3 months ago, but I am getting some calls telling me about positions in Cardiff which I've seen on job sites (so did you probably). But after stating that I could eventually drive to Cardiff :rolleyes: I never hear back.

Good luck on your jobseeking

WIP: Uhmm... not sure
  8. hippy

hippy Kilobyte Poster

Dont know if it helps by a mate got a job at Virgin Mobile in Bristol doing Java programing for welllll mobiles :biggrin