Firebrand for Exchange 2007 Anyone?

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by tbennett35, Apr 12, 2008.

1. tbennett35

tbennett35 New Member

Hello all...

First post here after signing up, so hi to everyone. I just wanted to ask a question about Firebrand training and their accelerated Exchange 2007 bootcamp.

A while ago, I seem to recall seeing them offering a course that seemed to include basically the lot for Exchange 2007...high availability, recovering databases, imp & admin, security...everything. Now that I'm interested in taking that kind of course, they seem to have changed the course content. Now, it seems to break down to 4 days of 'Updating Support Skills' and 3 days of 'Recovering Messaging Servers'.

I know that their price includes hotel etc, but I could get those two courses a whole lot cheaper than they offer it for. Also, given that their "accelerated course" includes the standard amount of days for these courses (when compared to standard 9-5 classroom courses), I'm wondering what's actually "accelerated" at all.

I've got near 20 years in the IT industry, so the fact that its a bootcamp doesn't bother me, but I don't want to pay 3k + vat for somethign I could get for half that amount elsewhere.

Anyone have any experience of this offering from Firebrand?

Thanks

Tony

2. NightWalker

NightWalker Gigabyte Poster

Thats a lot of money for a single course. I would buy the MS press book for £22.79 and work through it at home with a few test lab servers. With your IT experience you should have no problems with this, and would save a lot of cash.

Certifications: A+, Network+, MCP, MCSA:M 2003, ITIL v3 Foundation
  3. GiddyG

GiddyG Terabyte Poster Gold Member

Personally speaking, I wouldn't touch 'em with a barge pole... I haven't done that one, but was bady let down (both during and after) a course I went on with them.

4. dmarsh
    Honorary Member 500 Likes Award

dmarsh Petabyte Poster

Theres lots of places that charge half the price or less than Firebrand, if you don't mind traveling...

As others have said a training kit and a few hours could also do the job for most people.

5. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Another vote for self-study. :)

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!