Finally

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by loca1hero, Jul 28, 2011.

1. loca1hero

loca1hero Byte Poster

Here again after a long time...., just got a new job and its my first week here fourth day to be precise. Well the last job was through agency and was call centre kinda thing.. (Service desk analyst) what I mean is just take calls and try some fixes on the phone, if that doesn’t work then pass it along.... the people there were really good with nice atmosphere (there was about 20 of us in the team) and I enjoyed being part of the team and the role was part time with a 20 miles run each way, I dint like the work itself so much though as things were never communicated in the team by our TL’s and they dint care about providing us proper training and development, so ..anyway I was looking for work (mainly online) and came across this job ad (which is now my current role:biggrin) so as usual I applied for it and dint expect much ...the only reason(s) I applied for was the fact that it mentioned in the job disc that it will be hands on which I obviously dint do in my call centre role and this role was nearer (only do 8 miles each way now) the job was advertised directly by the employer which I thought was good, had an interview(that went reasonable-ly well I thought) and after some more weeks was called in for a second interview/causal talk kinda thing(which was really good as I got to ask more about the role) and they sounded like I had a good chance of getting the job and was told they will let me know and after another week or so got a call & they FINALLY made an offer and I took it straight away. Well I did my old job for 10 months before moving on and after these three days of work I understand there is loads for me to learn here at the current role which is 1st n 2nd line support. So.....finally moved on to my 2nd job in IT 8)

Certifications: Network+ (004), MCP, see signature
    WIP: MCITP & few oths.Cisco aft sum XPri
  2. Apexes

Apexes Gigabyte Poster

Congrats dude, you're going about it the right way!

few more years and you'll be onto bigger and better things, keep learning, studying, and ask to be exposed to new technologies once you've been in your new job for a bit.

Good work :) :thumbleft

Certifications: 70-243 MCTS: ConfigMgr 2012 | MCSE: Private Cloud
  3. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Well done and congrats on the job. :thumbleft

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  4. trebor_88

trebor_88 Byte Poster

Well done!

Certifications: MCP, MCDST, MCSA, MCITP:EDST, MCTS:7
    WIP: VMware VCP 5, MCSE and CCNA