Finally Got A Job

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by Luddym, May 5, 2007.

1. Luddym

Luddym Megabyte Poster

There's so many new faces here I'm not sure many of you will remember me.

It feels like so long since I started looking for my route back into IT, and even longer ago that I studied my certs.

I'd given up when I get a call from an agency regarding a job that I might like. Basically they had recieved my CV from a jobs website when I had applied for a job with them almost 12 months ago.

I managed to get a first interview, where I found out it would be lots of 1st and 2nd line support with lots of project work involved, as the offices are undergoing a major infrastructure update.

Sat my second interview today where I was asked a various ammount of technical questions including the OSI, protocols, Lazer printer processes and the startup process, which I tried my best to answer and seemed to do ok.

Got the phone call this evening to say that I've got the job...and I can't wait!

Just wanted to let you guys that might be feeling down about jobsearching know that things do change when you least expect it.

I'll be back here from now on too as part of the job agreement is that I finish my MCSA.... 70-291 here I come. :D

Certifications: VCP,A+, N+, MCSA, MCSE
    WIP: Christmas Drunkard
  2. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Hi Ludd and welcome back to the flock - congrats on the new job, it sounds great and good luck with 291, oh that's a toughie you know 8)

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  3. Luddym

Luddym Megabyte Poster

Hey thanks Blue, a name I do know. :D

4. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

Hey Luddym welcome back, and I hope you do well on your new job.

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  5. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Welcome, and congrats!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  6. Tyler D

Tyler D Gigabyte Poster

Congrats on the job Mate :biggrin

Certifications: A+,70-270
    WIP: 70-290
  7. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Nice one, congrats and welcome back! :biggrin

8. drum_dude

drum_dude Gigabyte Poster

Hi Luddy!! I remember you well m8! Great news on the job! Congrats!

Certifications: MCP, MCSA 2000 , N+, A+ ,ITIL V2, MCTS, MCITP Lync 2010 & MCSA 2008, Sonus SATP SBC 1k/2k
    WIP: Hopefully Skype for Business and some Exchange stuff...
  9. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Welcome back and congratulations on the new job. Hey...maybe the IT industry really *is* picking up steam again. Seems there's a lot of us who have new jobs all of a sudden. :biggrin

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  10. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

Good news and congrats on the new job. Those that persist even when all looks doom do eventually come out smiling. Best wishes as am really glad for you:biggrin

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  11. Bambino1506

Bambino1506 Megabyte Poster

Well done on the job mate and nice to meet you, sounds like an exciting job with lots of opportunities.

:p :)

Certifications: MCP,MCDST,MCSA
    WIP: CCA
  12. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

congrats mate - welcome back to the mad house

13. Headache

Headache Gigabyte Poster

Good job.

Certifications: CCNA
    WIP: CCNP
  14. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

UCHEEKYMONKEY R.I.P - gone but never forgotten. Gold Member

Hey Luddym welcome back, well done on getting the job that's good news!:biggrin

Maybe when you start you can come back here and post how your first week went! I am sure most of the members will here and lurkers will appreciate how/what it is like working in this field.:biggrin

Certifications: Comptia A+
    WIP: Comptia N+
  15. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Congrats mate :biggrin

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  16. Luddym

Luddym Megabyte Poster

Thanks guys,

I'm just glad i've got a reason to be back here and a kick in the pants to finish my MCSA. And I think that I might be required to finish my whole MCSE.... hopefully.

17. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

UCHEEKYMONKEY R.I.P - gone but never forgotten. Gold Member

You don't need a reason to come back, or even to go. That's the one thing I found out about this forum, people come and go all the time!8)

BTW Luddy what's - ETA-i I goggle it and it came up with all sorts of strange things?

Certifications: Comptia A+
    WIP: Comptia N+
  18. Luddym

Luddym Megabyte Poster

Hey,

I should remove it now as It is lapsed...

http://www.eta-i.org/

They are an alternative certification board that offer various trainings and certs.

The one I have is one you can get if you have the A+.. you just send them a copy of your A+ cert and you are certified with them. It's a great way of getting all the bumph and details about other certs they do. (Though you do have to pay for the cert.)