Finally finished Sacred 2

Discussion in 'Gamers Hangout' started by Kitkatninja, Feb 5, 2009.

1. GiddyG

GiddyG Terabyte Poster Gold Member

Oh behave! :D

You can take stuff through to the new game. 'sides, it's freeee (apart from initial cost of game ofc).

2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

I've played GW (and a couple of expansions) but really didn't get into it. Haven't tried WoW, but Warcraft 3 turned me off the Warcraft world of games.

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

I didn't like Warcraft 3 either, the old school games were the best.

Still, WoW is a different kettle of fish. It's the biggest MMORPG because it's the best MMORPG!

</end rant>

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  4. dalsoth

dalsoth Kilobyte Poster

Played wow for a few years when it first came out, probably why i didn't get certified for so long! :oops:

I used to play a lot of games from really old stuff to most of the major MMO's such as UO (the best ever), AC, EQ, WOW, GW and many more. Damn, even those games are starting to look like cert names! I been studying too long!:biggrin

Certifications: MCSE, MCP, MCDST, MCSA, ITIL v3
    WIP: MCITP EA
  5. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Yeah, I started playing Sacred a few years ago, and it never really grabbed me like Diablo and D2 did. Titan Quest, on the other hand, is a winner.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  6. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

I actually started playing WoW 2 months ago for the th first time. TBH it's an awesome game, but I can't get addicted to it. I only play it 2-3 times a week. But I do play for 2 hours, because let's face it the traveling alone takes a good amount of time...

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  7. Gingerdave

Gingerdave Megabyte Poster

See I tried it, I really did but I think i picked the wrong server and just got pestered by idiots and griefed. I didn;t like how all the toons looked the same and it just bugged me.

Tried City of heores after that and played it solidly for just shy of 18 months - brilliant fun just not enough depth.

Oh well will just have to wait until DC Universe Online comes out, and just hope to go that sony don't screw the pooch on this one.

Certifications: A+,MCP, MCDST, VCP5 /VCP-DV 5, MCTS AD+ Net Inf 2008, MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  8. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Well, yeah. I've been playing Guild Wars since it came out.

As to the point that WOW is better than GW, on the site you refer to the users reate WOW as a 7.2 and GW as 8.6. :hhhmmm

I was playing Titan Quest for a while but Sacred 2 kicks it's butt.:biggrin

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  9. Qs

I suggest you do another check:-

Guild wars gets scores of 84-89 for the original and its expansions.

WoW gets scores of 91-93 for the original and its expansions.

I'm not saying Guild Wars is bad, I'm just saying that the reviews found that WoW is the better game.

Qs

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  10. GiddyG

GiddyG Terabyte Poster Gold Member

I've played WoW and, although the characters and scenery are 'nice', I get the same in GW... plus it doesn't take me ages to get somewhere in GW. And, as I've mentioned previously, GW is a one-off cost, whereas WoW has an ongoing fee.

At the end of the day, it's all subjective. There will be people ho like one game and people who prefer the other. That doesn't mean one or the other is better or worse. :D

11. Qs

Agreed. Though by paying an on-going fee there is more onus on Blizzard to update, patch and ultimately improve the game more frequently than Guild Wars.

All of my references to WoW being a better game than GW are of course personal opinion :p

Qs

12. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

I downloaded a 3 day demo of wow, it lasted3 hours I thought it was pants.

I haven't played Diablo or sacred but I have started to replay Oblivion as it's a great game.

Have completed fallout 3 which was good but nowhere in the league of Oblivion.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  13. Rachael_B

Rachael_B Nibble Poster

I agree, its a fantastic game and infact now you've mentioned it I might have to play through it again too. I've also spent a few too many hours on Left 4 Dead this weekend - addictive! :D

Certifications: A+, ITIL v3 Fdn, Network+
    WIP: 70-680, 70-685
  14. Evilwheato

Evilwheato Kilobyte Poster

I love Diablo/D2- I bought the expansion pack as well with the two extra playable characters.
    Oblivion was great, that is a game you can go back to and play again if you wanted to. As for Fallout 3- I got to a point then stopped playing it.
    Oh, and out of WOW and GW- wow all the time ;) I couldn't imagine going back to GW now!

15. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Well, that's where we differ. You look at the 15 (for example) game reviewers (who obviously have nothing to gain :dry ) scores and see they have rated WoW higher than Guild Wars. I look at the several hundreds (to thousands) of actual players reviews and see that they rate GW a lot higher than WoW.

I use the game magazine reviews as a guideline, but I trust the many thousands of players reviews just that bit more.:twisted:

Definitely not the case here. GW is regularly updated, patched and maintained/improved at every opportunity.

That's right GiddyG, you guys play WoW and I'll stick with GW and we'll all be happy.:biggrin They're all great games.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  16. Qs

If they have nothing to gain then surely they would be more reliable ratings?

The problem with looking at player reviews is that they're not governed. Anyone can submit a rating and so the overall result can be off. You'll see a lot of 10's and a lot of 0's and that will bring the score up or down (respectively).

At least with official reviews you can gauge a better impression of a game as they do have something to gain.

Qs