Finally bought a TV

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Phoenix, Oct 23, 2007.

1. ThomasMc

ThomasMc Gigabyte Poster

Now this is going to be way biased as I'm very fond of this game but Warhawk is the most fun I've had in a long time(online only though).

@BM the media center functionality of the 360 is pritty weak and is somewhat like saying vista IS the best in the world ;)

Certifications: MCDST|FtOCC
    WIP: MCSA(70-270|70-290|70-291)
  2. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

you should try Vista Ultimate x64...I have used the x86 version and found it to unstable...where as the x64 version is very stable I dont know whats happened...I havent had a single crash, I even installed the SP1 beta and again the machine has been running smoothly. I seriously cannot fault the x64 version...and now more and more drivers are becoming available so if u do decide to swtich to Vista and your machine is a 64-bit...get the 64-bit version of Vista!!

Certifications: A+
    WIP: my life
  3. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

The Retail boxed version (which I have) contains both 32-bit and 64-bit versions. When I install it, if drivers are available for all my devices, I will likely install the 64-bit version. For now, I remain with XP.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  4. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

How is saying that "The XBox 360 has media center capabilities" being anywhere close to saying "Vista IS the best in the world"? That's like saying "Because Toshiba televisions contain HD functionality, Toshiba laptops are the best in the world!" One has nothing to do with the other.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  5. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

Valid point Noel, I rarely do switch on the tele these days as I was given a 19inch LCD monitor from work and watch my House MD and sometimes prison break on this.

To be honest I think we are just paying the tv licence because we have a tv in the house. Well that's the way it is in the UK anyway:x.

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell