Finally bought a laptop!

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by Juelz, Aug 5, 2013.

1. Juelz

Juelz Gigabyte Poster

I've actually been without a computer at home for around a year.. I've been using my samsung s3 for my online needs.. well I took the plunge and bought a compaq windows 8 laptop for £279 thought I'd get one as Im hoping to return to college next month to persure my IT support dreams and obvious actually owning a computer will be beneficial. Have to say though windows 8 is alien to me I dont even think I like it but hopefully get used to it soon.. not a big laptop fan either if I'm honest but I plan to get a windows 7 PC later this year providing I finish paying of for this purchase lol.. have to do abit of overtime I think.

2. Josiahb

Josiahb Gigabyte Poster

Windows 8 is a culture shock but once you've settled in to it using it on a standard PC/laptop is practically no different to Windows 7. I spend so little time in the 'Modern UI' and Win 8 apps they may as well not even be there!

Certifications: A+, Network+, MCDST, ACA – Mac Integration 10.10
  3. l4ter

l4ter Nibble Poster

Laptops are good for being mobile, you dont want to carry too much if you are studying (due to all of the other books you will be carrying, along with the notes and power supply and everything else you need. Im not used to windows 8 either but its like with everything, it takes time to get used to it.

Certifications: BSc Computing, A+, N+, MCITP Enterprise
    WIP: MD-100