Filepath Verification Script

Discussion in 'Software' started by Fergal1982, Sep 14, 2005.

1. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

Ok guys. We're looking at adding a script into an online form to check the filepath that a user enters to ensure that it is correct before they can submit it.

They problem they've been having with the script, is that in order to check the filepath, they already need to have access to the folder.

Another option would be to have the script run under a certain user name, but im sure i dont have to tell you the security nightmare that would be.

Any ideas?

Fergal

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  2. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

That sounds way over my head! :rolleyes:

Sorry! :unsure

3. d-Faktor
    Honorary Member

d-Faktor R.I.P - gone but never forgotten.

4. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

no i mean server side. If they want access to a network directory for instance. ah well. its not me doing it, so im not so bothered. lol

Fergal

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  5. d-Faktor
    Honorary Member

d-Faktor R.I.P - gone but never forgotten.

in that case it may be possible using a server side script with the correct credentials. i'm not much of a scripter, though. is the web server running apache/php, or iis/asp, or what?

[edit] wait, do you mean: client + web server + file server? the web server and the file server are different, or the same?