Few questions..

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by Juelz, Nov 7, 2014.

1. Juelz

Juelz Gigabyte Poster

Hello! Remember me?

I have a few questions:

Q1: say you passed the Comptia A+ but it had expired would you still list it on your CV? if yes then how? seeing though you wouldn't be A+ certified anymore?

Q2: I doubt many (if any) have experience of online degrees but I was wondering how good are they in the sense that IT support is a practical industry and online degrees have no practical element to them for obvious reasons?

Just an update I went back to IT and I'm currently at college on a BTEC IT course which I attend twice a week. It's been ok, though I dont find the teacher to be that good so I endup having to do alot of extra work. Still debating on whether the A+ is worth it as, realistically I could pass it and not find employment and it ends up expiring! (eitherway I still plan to learn the material) so I'm leaning towards an online degree in computing.

Cheers guys!

2. dominoe

dominoe Nibble Poster

Another option is look into doing Voluntary work, I used these sites in the past.

Do-it – Volunteering made easy
    Home - iT4Communities

adds weight to a CV and shows you can do the work.. another option if you dont want to retake A+ is do the MTA I here that's not quite as meaty

Certifications: A+
    WIP: MTA
  3. Juelz

Juelz Gigabyte Poster

Thanks for the links.. yeah I will do an MTA soon I'm actually enrolled on two IT courses right now.. One online and one at college so I'm abit busy, hopefully do the MTA OS fundamentals by January fingers crossed.