FBI wants database of Americans' physical traits

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by Mitzs, Feb 4, 2008.

1. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

exactly it seems your in the same boat as us in UK.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Unfortunately, that boat is sinking.

I love my country... I've served my country. But things are going to start falling apart, one way or the other. Either an external threat is *really* going to do us damage, or we're going to rot internally.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

I thinks its gonna be both tbh, it'll be someone who we have allowed in who will do us the damage.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  4. Crito

Crito Banned

Terrorists can blow up skyscrapers but they can't change the American way of life. Only stupid politicians can do that. :blink

Certifications: A few
    WIP: none
  5. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

I'm not convinced
    throughout history the free world has proven it won't stand for tyranny whatever direction it comes from

at some point, somewhere, the people will make a stand and say 'are you ****ing kidding'? and it's days like that that keep us free, because no matter how fair you make the system, how many checks and balances on day one.. a few hundred years down the line it will of changed, and people will of forgotten what it was their ancestors died for.

“God forbid we should ever be twenty years without such a rebellion…. And what country can preserve its liberties, if its rulers are not warned from time to time, that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms…. The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.” Thomas Jefferson

It's been a bit longer than 20 years.. but the message holds true

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  6. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

We're long overdue... To be honest, I look forward to the day. Not regarding this issue... but for hundreds of others.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  7. sunn

sunn Gigabyte Poster

It's mind boggling to know how much information the Feds already have. Even if you're not a US citizen. Now they'll have the picture to put next to the data.

The Big Brother system does a lot of damage in the PR department and little additional help on the security front. Maybe sterotypes will become the next security feature - wait isn't that a step backwards? :blink

8. harpistic

harpistic Byte Poster

What gets me, though, is - new database of distinguishing physical characteristics. Aren't Americans one of the leading world consumers of plastic surgery? :rolleyes:

Certifications: Pet Geekery
    WIP: cure for insomnia