Fast Question.

Discussion in 'A+' started by DarkDesigns, Jun 1, 2005.

1. DarkDesigns

DarkDesigns Bit Poster

Hey all :)

I'm just scoping out the A+ Certification All-in-One Exam Guide and a few of its fellows, and I was wondering about how current they are.

The date for this one is Nov.2003, a revision for the change in the A+ exam if I'm correct.

What I'd like to know is if there are any more changes brewing, I don't want to fork out and get halfway through my study only for all the rules to change under me :)

Thanks for any help.

Certifications: Unqualified Wretch
    WIP: A+
  2. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

I do not believe there is a revision of the A+ set anything soon. I'm posting a link below to CompTIA's A+ page which will give you all the official information you need regarding the cert.

http://www.comptia.org/certification/a/default.aspx

You can find a link to the most current version of the Meyers text below:

http://www.certforums.co.uk/forums/thread3707.html

Good luck. :)

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  3. DarkDesigns

DarkDesigns Bit Poster

Ahhhh, thankies ;)
    Nice one.

4. Flamehearted

Flamehearted Nibble Poster

I found the all-in one exam guide the best and is the only book I bought.

However....do not rely on this book alone as it does miss certain important things on the syllabus.

The best thing is to always refer back to the syllabus to make sure you know everything and also do as many practice exams as possible to get an idea of the areas that will be covered.

I found in the exams that the questions were most like the ones that come with Meyers book on the CD and at the end of each chapter.

Hope you enjoy the course,

Martin

Certifications: A+
    WIP: Network +
  5. DarkDesigns

DarkDesigns Bit Poster

I'm getting that, two others (passport and lab manual I think. I may even get the all in one network+ book to see how I take to it) and I'm also seeking out boards and sites like the one for additional support. Believe me I'm not relying on a single a book to study from :)

Now, *turns a marvelous shade of red* while I feel a complete tit having to ask this, what syllabus?
    A+, obviously, but I haven't turned one up... I'm missing something here, clearly. Wanna enlighten me before my head catches on fire? :oops:

[edit- Never mind, it's the exam objectives, obviously. Ignore my thick headedness :oops:]

I'm digging up practice exams as we speak, I'm interested to know if there are any of these focusing on specific components, such as RAM and the like or if straightforward A+ exams are the only option...
    Area specific tests would be brilliantly useful while I'm studying to make sure I am learning evenly on each subject.
    I'm self studying so I have to keep a watchful eye on these matters myself.

Then I'm sure they'll be a useful supplement.

Thanks, I think I'll definitely enjoy it.

6. DarkDesigns

DarkDesigns Bit Poster

I usually hate to double post but for some reason I can't seem to view this thread while logged in, so I have no edit button to use... bugger.

It occured to me it might be rather better received if I start a new thread to ask these questions rather than drag up this old one.
    Shall I do that or leave things as is?

[edit- and now apparently posting has left me on the thread and logged in... I can't win.]

7. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Hi DarkDesigns,

Firstly, don't worry about starting a new thread for this - as it's a continuation of the same discussion, it keeps the same track. Thats better than scattering simialr questions accorss different threads.

As for being unable to view this while logged in, I'm a tad unsure what you mean. When CAN you view it - do you mean when logged in NOT as you ?

If you want to PM me, I can look into any problems your having m8 :)

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity