FarcelForce Strike Again

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by SimonD, Oct 23, 2012.

1. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

Well I ordered from Ebuyer yesterday and paid for next day delivery, it's 4:45pm and still no delivery so I call up Ebuyer to chase, turns out FarcelForce received the goods and simply failed to put them on a van to be delivered today.

Have advised Ebuyer to get the goods returned to them as I am going to have to order from elsewhere now (I can't afford to have tomorrow off).

So a big FU to FarcelForce for once again being the most incompetent courier delivery service out there... well done.

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
  2. Rob1234

Rob1234 Megabyte Poster Forum Leader

That is why its best to get deliveries to your work address no time off needed unless it is a really big parcel that is!

Certifications: A few.
  3. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

Happened to me a few times with DHL... Never used them since!

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  4. dales

dales Terabyte Poster

+1 for work deliveries if they dont mind the constant stream of amazon and ebuyer boxes turning up then thats the best bet!

Certifications: vExpert 2014+2015+2016,VCP-DT,CCE-V, CCE-AD, CCP-AD, CCEE, CCAA XenApp, CCA Netscaler, XenApp 6.5, XenDesktop 5 & Xenserver 6,VCP3+5,VTSP,MCSA MCDST MCP A+ ITIL F
    WIP: Nothing
  5. ade1982

ade1982 Megabyte Poster

We use CityLink in work. They are beyond inept. We can't get them to collect, we can't get them to deliver properly. We use DHL for some products, and they are fine, until something goes wrong, or something gets broken. Then try to lock them down ...

Citylink though, we have actually had them in the factory and the driver got in his van and drove off without picking anything up. Shower of ****e.

6. cisco lab rat

cisco lab rat Megabyte Poster

Have any of you tried Yodel, they used to be called Home delivery network, I discovered that if you wanted your parcel delivered in time you would have been better off placing your item in an unmarked box on the top of a glacier. The odds of it being delivered where slightly in favour of the glacier method.

Certifications: Yes I pretty much am!!
    WIP: Fizzicks Degree
    Beerbaron, danielno8 and ade1982 like this.
  7. Sparxeh

Sparxeh New Member

DHL/Yodel are shocking. Our main supplier at work used to use them to ship our products to our customers, they were appalling! They then switched to DPD who have been fantastic, a massive upgrade to DHL/Yodel! We have the odd problem, but that is expected in the courier world.

City Link (personally) I think have improved their service over the years. Years ago I would not rate them. However over the last year, I have had 3 parcels collected by them promptly, along with 6/7 deliveries this year from them and I've not had an issue (touch wood).

I think every courier has their nightmare story/customer. To put it politely, stuff happens!

WIP: A+ 2012, Network+, Security+
  8. Notes_Bloke

Notes_Bloke Terabyte Poster

I've had more than my fair share of incompetent deliveries.

I have everything delivered *ahem* to work - but it's seldom a smooth process. It's usually late or doesn't turn up at all.:x

For the last 2 years I've paid for Amazon Prime.
    The first year it was Ok, but this year has been atrocious. Out of about a dozen "guaranteed" next day deliveries - there have been 2 on time.
    When I complain, they extend the Prime by a month :rolleyes:

NB

Certifications: 70-210, 70-215, A+,N+, Security+
    WIP: MCSA
  9. BigG

BigG Nibble Poster

That stinks. and Ebuyer should be sticking a rocket up their arse for that but they probably wont.

We use DPD at work and so far they have been both cheap and excellent
    G

Certifications: BSc, Prince2 Practitioner, MCSA Win7, MCSA 2008
    WIP: Vmware, ITILv3 on the back burner
  10. Beerbaron

Beerbaron Megabyte Poster

Yodel are the only courier I have had issues with in the past. Its a shame as Amazon use them.

Certifications: BSc (Hons), MSc, ITIL v3F, MCP, MCDST, MCITP: edst7, MCTS, MCSA: Server 2003, MCSA: Windows 7, N+, NVQ IT lvl 3, MCSA Windows 7, VCP5, CCENT, CEH
    WIP: CISSP
  11. dales

dales Terabyte Poster

I guess it comes down to where you live and what the depot and drivers are like, I conversely have never had a problem at all with the couriers above, If I get stuff delivered at home I know what time they are coming because they always knock at roughly the same time. Amazon prime has never failed me for next day delivery.

So it just depends if your drivers can be bothered or not I guess.

Certifications: vExpert 2014+2015+2016,VCP-DT,CCE-V, CCE-AD, CCP-AD, CCEE, CCAA XenApp, CCA Netscaler, XenApp 6.5, XenDesktop 5 & Xenserver 6,VCP3+5,VTSP,MCSA MCDST MCP A+ ITIL F
    WIP: Nothing
  12. BB88

BB88 Kilobyte Poster Gold Member

I'm impressed with DPD. They always provide me with two text messages. One stating the date the delivery is due, and a second text with what time. Perfect!

+1 for deliveries to work! :biggrin

Certifications: CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+, MCSA: Office 365,, 70-410, 70-680
    WIP: CompTIA: Security+
  13. ade1982

ade1982 Megabyte Poster

Yeah, I love that about DPD. When they send you an email with the window of when you should get your delivery.

The bit that tickles me is when they aklways do it like: your package will be delivered between 10.19 and 11.19 ... how do they give an hour window and then be precise to the minute.

They make jokes in work about how much stuff I have delivered from Amazon. It's like Christmas everyday.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2012