Failed 70-685

Discussion in 'Windows 7 / 8 /10 Client Exams' started by soundian, Mar 5, 2012.

1. soundian

soundian Gigabyte Poster

630.:cry:

Not too worried, I did rush into it and I wasn't focussed on studying in the run up to the exam as I was in the middle of getting a new job, which was kinda stressful.
    Anyway, I have two weeks off before I start my new job so I've decided not to waste the time and start brushing up on my weak spots by labbing my ass off. I've just finished rationalising my hardware and re-installing all my OSs (except my main PC's) and getting a new test domain set up.
    My new job is in a windows 7 environment (XP only in my last job) and I'll have more exposure to AD on a day-to-day basis than in my last job so I reckon the next time I tackle this one I'll be prepared.

Certifications: A+, N+,MCDST,MCTS(680), MCP(270, 271, 272), ITILv3F, CCENT
    WIP: Knuckling down at my new job
  2. JK2447
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

630 shows you were along the right lines so just a little more to nail this one. I have a tendency to rush and its never a good idea. Take your time and you'll make this one ancient history. Jim

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
  3. alexdc12

alexdc12 Kilobyte Poster

unucky mate, 630 aint that bad its prob about 2 questions off, better luck next time!

Certifications: GNVQ Advanced IT, CompTIA A+, CompTIA N+, 70-680
    WIP: 70-685, ITIL v3 Foundation
  4. rahil

rahil New Member

Sorry to hear about the fail man. I hated this test too it was difficult for me.I would look at the score report and hit the areas you were weakest really hard.Lab every area covered in this test extensively as well.Good luck man just keep pushing I know you can pass this test!!!

5. RichyV

RichyV Megabyte Poster

Bad luck with the 685, just goes to show that trying to rush things can have consequences, even for those that do have the know-how to pass.

If you've passed the 680, this one's very do-able, so you will pass it - you just need a little more time. And, next time, you'll know the exam layout, which is quite specific to the 685. so you'll be fine.

Good luck with settling into the new role and definitely leave off the study until you feel more settled and prepared.

Certifications: B.Sc.(Hons), MBCS. MCP (271,272), MCDST, MCTS (680), MCITP:EDST7, MCSA:WIN7, MCPS, MCNPS
    WIP: 70-686, then onto MCSE: Desktop Infrastructure via MCSA: Server 2012...