Exchange server issue

Discussion in 'Exchange Exams' started by gosh1976, Dec 9, 2010.

1. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

Did you install Exchange on the DC? or is it a separate system?
    Something fishy is going on somewhere

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  2. gosh1976

gosh1976 Kilobyte Poster

I have two Server 2008 r2 VM's one is the DC and the other one has exchange on it.

Certifications: A+, Net+, MCDST, CCENT, MCTS: Win 7 Configuring, CCNA
  3. gosh1976

gosh1976 Kilobyte Poster

I added a new VM and installed XP on it. Then downloaded the Outlook 2010 trial. I can send and receive email through outlook but still no luck with owa.

4. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

This may be a permissions problem on the windows folder or part of the registry. I had a similar problem with an Exchange 2003 -> Exchange 2007 migration where some of the registry entries didn’t have the correct permissions with the network service account. Might be a similar problem here but with IIS.

I think you need to check the application pools in IIS and check the path to where the pool is running from (probably C:\Program Files\Exchange Server…..) and then add the Exchange Server computer account to that folder and give it full control.

The bottom of this link should help.

http://www.msexchange.org/articles-...-server-2007-core-services-work-together.html

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  5. gosh1976

gosh1976 Kilobyte Poster

adding the computer account didn't make a difference.

Interestingly, at one point I tried to pull up the owa page when the domain controller was locked up and exchange & IIS did return a page that I could actually see that had an error on it saying that the domain controller couldn't be reached or something like that. I should have done a screen capture but I don't think it had any info that would help.

6. gosh1976

gosh1976 Kilobyte Poster

yipee I got it to work!! I decided to uninstall client access and IIS and then reinstall. Worked a charm after that. I wonder what the issue was before. Strange that I had the issue from two clean installs.

So, now what I can try to install - break - and then try to fix? That was an incredibly educational experience!

7. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Glad its sorted mate. 8)

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs