Exchange and Folder Assistant

Discussion in 'Software' started by Leehaa, Oct 1, 2008.

1. Leehaa

Leehaa Gigabyte Poster

Hello,

We had a problem whereby on a new public folder that we set up, the rule we had created via folder assistant wasn't working correctly.

There were 6 email addresses associated with the new folder (all directed there because they are different variations from the same sender).

There were two rules set up in folder assistant:

1) to forward anything that came in from address '1' to me and

2) to forward anything from address '2' to my manager

(all other addresses were left to just stay in the folder so that we could manually go in and manage them)

...however, when anything came in from either address '1' or address '2' we both ended up with it :blink

Any idea why this may have happened? Baffled :blink

To rectify the problem for now, I have created sub-folders for each seperate email address so each email that comes in goes to an individual folder and then forwards to the relevant person...

Thanks

Certifications: MCP, MCDST, ITIL v3, MBCS, others...
    WIP: BSc IT & Computing, RHCE
  2. Leehaa

Leehaa Gigabyte Poster

Arrrgh! Just tried googling this and the 4th thing Google listed looked really relevant...it was so relevant in fact that it was this thread lol! :lol:

3. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

Haha, nice :)

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  4. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Did you find the answer there? :twisted:

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  5. Leehaa

Leehaa Gigabyte Poster

Funnily enough. No. It would be good if there was an answer at some point though as there must be a logical reason :rolleyes: