Exchange 2010, here we come

Discussion in 'Software' started by Kitkatninja, Feb 13, 2010.

1. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

LOL, nobody ever deletes anything! :rolleyes: :biggrin

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  2. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

Couple of things that are worth trying mate:

1. Run isinteg -s Exchange2003ServerName -fix -test alltests

That should fix most of your corruptions

2. Run the following commands on your Exchange 2010 server and start with the smallest mailboxes first

Move-Mailbox “User Name" –TargetDatabase “First Storage Group\Mailbox Database” –BadItemLimit 0

I believe that 0 skips any corruptions, but to be on the safe side, you can increase the BadItemLimit to a maximum of 2,147,483,647

- Craig

Certifications: CCA | CCENT | CCNA | CCNA:S | HP APC | HP ASE | ITILv3 | MCP | MCDST | MCITP: EA | MCTS:Vista | MCTS:Exch '07 | MCSA 2003 | MCSA:M 2003 | MCSA 2008 | MCSE | VCP5-DT | VCP4-DCV | VCP5-DCV | VCAP5-DCA | VCAP5-DCD | VMTSP | VTSP 4 | VTSP 5
  3. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Update...

Thanks mate, ran the command on Friday night and started the move process. Took 1 1/2 days to move all the mailboxes across to the Exchange 2003 Enterprise server. Now only have 1 corrupt mailbox left (my managers, sods law), will sort that one out next week.

Will have to do the Exchange 2010 migration around Easter now as everyone is back in from tomorrow.

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security