ExamVouchers.com

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by mufftak, Jan 13, 2005.

1. mufftak

mufftak Nibble Poster

Has anybody used their services lately?

Ordered a voucher on 17/12/04 & still havn't received it yet !:x

Sent them numerous emails and not received a reply:cry:

Any Advice?

Cheers

Muff

Certifications: ITIL 2011,MCSA 2008,MCSA 2003,CEH,Security+,A+,Net+,i-Net+,270,290,291,648,646
  2. rico2005

rico2005 Bit Poster

Hi Mufftak,

I've been trying to contact Examvouchers.com for the last two weeks but have not received a reply. It seems that they have no vouchers available for CompTIA exams any time I've been on the site.

Has the money for the voucher been charged to your credit card or come off your bank account?

Richard

Certifications: A+
    WIP: Network+
  3. mufftak

mufftak Nibble Poster

Yeh - the moneys come out of my account :x

Muff

Certifications: ITIL 2011,MCSA 2008,MCSA 2003,CEH,Security+,A+,Net+,i-Net+,270,290,291,648,646
  4. rico2005

rico2005 Bit Poster

It might be worth calling your credit card company / bank to see if they can offer any assistance in situations like this where you've made an online payment and not received your purchase?

Certifications: A+
    WIP: Network+
  5. mufftak

mufftak Nibble Poster

Thanks Rico - I'll give them a call today.........

Muff

6. michael78

michael78 Terabyte Poster

I've used examvouchers to do my A+ and Network+ without any problems so I'm sorry to see people having problems with them. Ring your credit card up and they should investigate it and refund you in the event that you didn't get what you paid for.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP | MCDST | MCTS: Hyper-V | MCTS: AD | MCTS: Exchange 2007 | MCTS: Windows 7 | MCSA: 2003 | ITIL Foundation v3 | CCA: Xenapp 5.0 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Administrator on Windows 7 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician on Windows 7
    WIP: Online SAN Overview, VCP in December 2011
  7. AJ

AJ 01000001 01100100 01101101 01101001 01101110 Administrator

Keep us posted Mufftak, it will be interesting to see if they reply to your efforts. Are they based in the UK? If so you could always inform trading standards, or even BBC's Watchdog.

Please let us know what happens.

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Breathing in and out, but not out and in, that's just wrong
  8. mufftak

mufftak Nibble Poster

I have spoken to the bank who said there should be no problem re the refund, but I have to give examvoucher.com 30 days to supply the goods (so they can’t pursue it till 21st January). The vouchers are only meant to take 48hrs to be despatched!

Feels like I’m in a state of limbo as I WAS ready to take the exam before Christmas!

I have sent examvoucher.com over 10 emails to different address’s with no reply – very frustrating and disappointing.

AJ – They are based in the States………

I’ll keep you all informed.

Cheers

Muff

9. mufftak

mufftak Nibble Poster

I was get sick of waiting so I did a WHOIS Lookup for Examvouchers.com & sent them the following:

To: hostmaster
    Cc: message
    Subject: Examvouchers.com
    Importance: High

Please contact me regarding transaction

VZVA**********

or I will be contacting the authorities.

To which I received this reply with 10 Minutes !!!! Not bad since they have been ignoring me since 17th December !

-----Original Message-----
    Subject: RE: Examvouchers.com

Unfortunately we still don't have the Security+ vouchers for International (outside US) locations.

I have just issued a credit for this transaction. You will see the credit on your next card statement.

10. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

I hope it works out for you.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  11. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

Positive result then
    I understand your frustration with the timeframe and such, and the method by which you finally got a reply
    but I'm not sure if this was down to deliberate deception or if there was some general organisation issue that caused your mails to go un noticed

lets hope nobody else has a similar experiance :)
    let us know when you get the money back so we know they are good on thier word

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  12. michael78

I've got to say I've never had a problem with actually getting my vouchers and using them through that website but they are without a doubt the worst business I've dealt with in getting a reply to emails in fact out of the 3-4 emails I've sent to them over a 1 year period I've never had a reply to any of them. By the looks of the website I don't think it's a big business more likely someone in their bedroom selling vouchers which is fair enough to me as I've always gotten what I've paid for with them...

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP | MCDST | MCTS: Hyper-V | MCTS: AD | MCTS: Exchange 2007 | MCTS: Windows 7 | MCSA: 2003 | ITIL Foundation v3 | CCA: Xenapp 5.0 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Administrator on Windows 7 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician on Windows 7
  13. mufftak

mufftak Nibble Poster

Finally got my money back :cheers

Personally I wouldn't touch them again with a barge pole.........:eek:

With my investigations though, they seam to be linked to ........ http://www.examnotes.net so not such a small operation !

Muff

14. punkboy101
    Honorary Member

punkboy101 Back from the wilderness

Good to hear mufftak, glad it got sorted in the end. Just a shame that they took so long!! :D

Certifications: CCNA
    WIP: Nada
  15. michael78

I've done it I've actually managed to get a reply from them after writing a harsh email to them stating they are losing peoples business. They got back to me saying they will be get international vouchers back in in Feb. I've done my A+ and Network+ but still need to do my Security+ so a discount would come in handy. It's a shame their customer service is shocking otherwise I would highly recommend they for the saving I've made with them.

16. mufftak

mufftak Nibble Poster

Well done Slypie.........But they only seam to reply when their back is against the wall !:argue

Its a real shame as the price's are very good, it would have been about £65.00 for the Security+ voucher. I'm back where I started a month ago, so will probably end up paying the full exam cost :(

Muff

17. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

When I take one of the vouchers it only comes up with the bundled version, no matter which one I choose. Is anyone else having this problem?

How much are the vouchers? How do they translate into other currencies? I will be paying 229 swiss francs for each of the 2 A+ exams.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  18. michael78

I can't really remember but I think I did both of my A+ exams for roughly about £110ish for the both of them. My Network+ I saved about £60-80ish on the exam. I would say wait till the website shows the vouchers being in stock and then buy them and give them another go. I know a few people had problems getting their money back but I still think it's worth the saving you make. At the end of the day I know when buying things that I'm covered by my credit card if anything goes wrong.

19. mrobinson52

mrobinson52 Security Maven Gold Member

I have always had great luck with GetCertified4less and they answer emails on the first try. Good luck on your exams everyone, and discount vouchers are still the way to go.

On the question about bundles, legally, to offer vouchers, they must be bundled with "training materials". That happened a few years ago.

Certifications: A+, Network+, MCSA:Security, Security+
    WIP: CISSP
  20. michael78

I've used GetCertified4less for Microsoft exams and always found them good as well. You only seem to save the equivalent of VAT of the normal price but it's better in your pocket then theirs as I say :D