Exam taking services

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by doodlebug, Feb 17, 2006.

1. doodlebug

doodlebug Bit Poster

I started on thread on this, companies which claim to take exams for you if you pay them thousands of dollars. The general theme was a) its probably a con, or b) if it isn't how are you going to do the job if you haven't got the knowledge ?

The thread has been pulled, any idea why ??

WIP: A+, CCNA
  2. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Why do you think it was pulled? :rolleyes:

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  3. AJ

AJ 01000001 01100100 01101101 01101001 01101110 Administrator

Hi Doodlebug

Your original thread was pulled because the content of the link was determined to be in detriment of the Terms and Conditions of CertForums.

The forum does not in anyway wish to associated with these sites and any other braindump site.

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Breathing in and out, but not out and in, that's just wrong
  4. doodlebug

doodlebug Bit Poster

Seems a strange policy IMHO, the thread was pointing out the pitfalls of such a service so can't understand how this "associates" the site with it.

5. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Surely the pitfalls are fairly obvious and doesn’t merit a discussion? :twisted:

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  6. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

Seeing as how the original thread was pulled by staff, it seems a bit daft to start another one on the same subject.

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  7. ffreeloader

ffreeloader Terabyte Poster

LOL. The general theme was it's probably a con????? :rolleyes: :oops: :lolbang :eggface

Errr, I hate having to ask because of what having to ask the questions implies about you, but just how do you figure a scheme to have someone else take your certification exams for you anything other than a con game? Just how do you get to the point of saying it's probably a con? Just what part of a scheme that has someone else taking exams for you do you think could possibly be ethical, or even legal?

Certifications: MCSE, MCDBA, CCNA, A+
    WIP: LPIC 1
  8. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

It's quite simple really. The link you provided led to an illegal site containing braindumps as well as the other services you mention. The illegal braindumps alone would have been enough for us to remove the thread.

We are serious in our attempts to eradicate cheating as a means to gain qualification. We will remove any thread that we (the staff) consider to be inappropriate. We know what we are doing, you can trust us to make fair honest and considered decisions.

Now please just forget about it, move on and before posting links make sure you are familiar with our terms and conditions.

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  9. doodlebug

doodlebug Bit Poster

Ok, fair enough. I thought that companies so blatantly encouraging people to cheat and / or steal their money warranted discussion on a forum where many inexperienced people (myself included) come for advice. Obviously not.

10. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Just re-phrase your question, to be in line with our terms and conditions (clue - don't include any links/ names of sites etc to braindump material) and we will happily talk to you. Tell us what your goals and ambitions are and we will help you.

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  11. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

This has been explained to you and if you read the Terms and Conditions before posting then there wouldn't be any need for this discussion.

Are you actually going to participate in the spirit expected, or are you going to continue to argue CF's policies?

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  12. doodlebug

doodlebug Bit Poster

I thought the subject was pretty well closed but you seem to want to drag it out Wizard

I still think the subject warranted discussion, but now the policy has been clarified I'll take more care with my posts in future.

I would point out though that some of the ads supplied by Google are links to this type of service, which seems to show a little hypocrisy.

Anyway, lets drop it

13. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

Before I drop the subject, there is no hypocrisy with the google ads. Such ads can be filtered out, maybe the admins haven't got round to filtering such ads yet? Also if you pay for premium membership you won't get any ads. :wink:

14. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

@doodlebug & wizzard.

Subject closed.

@wizzard - Doodlebug has admitted that he made a mistake when raising this topic, and is free to raise it again if he wishes, but without mention of specific sites and places.

@doodlebug - If you happen to see any of the ads that you mention being displayed please PM a member of staff with the link and we should be able to remove them.

8)

15. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

Thats why I mentioned the filters on google ads 8)

16. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

OK, I'll put the final word on this. Any ads are filtered as and when brought to our attention. Secondly, we do not and will not deviate from our stance on any reference to illegal or illicit practices in IT certification.

I believe now that all involved parties in this discussion have had ample time to have their say and absorb the facts brought to light here. At CertForums, we pride ourselves on free speech, and believe me, the last option we take to resolve threads like this one is to lock the thread completely, and I don't want to have to take this or any other action on this matter.

Thanks to all involved.

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity