Exam Tactic's

Discussion in 'Network+' started by morph, Jan 22, 2008.

1. morph

morph Byte Poster

Cheat...ok i'm joking :D

From what i've read about the exam i can go back and forth to questions, i'm thinking what i'm going to do when i get in there is go through each qiestion reasonabley quickly only answering those i'm 100% about and then coming back to the ones i havent answered/unsure of?
    I can do this right?

Certifications: Network +, ITIL Foundation, CCENT, CCNA
    WIP: server/ccna security
  2. GiddyG

GiddyG Terabyte Poster Gold Member

You can mark them for review... I mark them all, and then go through them all again... just to make sure I haven't inadvertantly missed any or ballsed up by not reading the question properly...

3. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

I used that tactic on A+, both exams. Anything I wasn't 100% on I marked, then went back on them again and again until I was as sure as I could be on each question. Scores were good so I'll be doing the same on the Net+ when im ready :)

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA 2003 (270, 290, 291), MCTS (640, 642), MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  4. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Yes you can I did that on the PDI+ beta exam I took months ago I should get the results in the next couple of months.

Eat fish & chips before you go in thats a good tactic :)

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  5. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Sometimes you can go over things *too* many times. If you are struggling with a question then mark it for review and then try again once you have gone through all the other questions.

Generally you will find that the first answer you go for is the one you stick with (well I do anyway! :biggrin )

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  6. dffitch

dffitch Bit Poster

Hi All,

Just thought I'd throw this one in - On a couple of the exams I've taken now, there have been a few questions, which after narrowing down the options, I still wasn't certain about the right answer. I would mark these questions for review, as sometimes further on into the exam, the new question asked may be worded in such a way it will give you the clue you wanted earlier.

-David

Certifications: A+ N+ MCSA 2003 (70-290 70-270 70-291)