exam question HELP NEEDED please answer

Discussion in 'A+' started by alih786, Mar 14, 2008.

1. mcrilly

mcrilly Byte Poster

I'm more upset at the fact no one read passed the "B" to see that I clearly described answer 'A' ;) It was therefore, to me anyway, obvious that I meant 'A'. Does my answer even remotely mention UNIX daemons? ;)

Don't worry I'm just sensitive about these issues.

Certifications: CCENT
    WIP: CCNA, RHCE, & VCP
  2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

You assume no one did. I read it. I can't speak for everyone else, but I typed what I did so you won't make the same mistake on a certification exam... or a written exam for an interview. Attention to detail is *crucial* as a tech. Changing the letter A to B was all that it took for you to get the wrong answer.

We don't respond in order to ridicule you... we respond in order to help you.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. mcrilly

mcrilly Byte Poster

You might need to make me a cup of tea to help me out ;)

There's a better chance of me not making such a mistake during a test, simply because I won't be taking calls and dealing with customer's complaints at the same time as taking the A+ exams... thanks for the advice though :P

4. BosonMichael

I've been here for longer than you have; that's your job. :twisted:

Seniority hath its privileges.8)

Ever taken a certification exam before? To someone who is not used to them, the pressure can be great. It's actually quite easy to accidentally choose the wrong answer when your mind is racing, considering multiple scenarios, thinking of "what if"s, and/or worried about how much time is left in the exam. It may not seem like it's possible to mess up and choose the wrong answer... but it IS, I promise you. It's even happened to me before. There's been a few times I've gone back and reviewed my answers, and found that I had accidentally clicked the wrong answer - and I'm VERY comfortable taking exams.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
  5. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

I hate taking exams of any kind I am never confident when taking them, even if I know I should do well I always have a niggle of doubt which affects my confidence.

And I have never failed an exam before but that doesnt help my confidence.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  6. mcrilly

mcrilly Byte Poster

I'm OK with exams. I passed my driving thoery test and got 100% on that *shrug* uses the same computer style system too.

We'll see.

7. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

I never had to do a theory test I passed years before they brought that crap in.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  8. BosonMichael

That's what I'm saying: I'm great with exams, and I still occasionally select one incorrectly. It doesn't happen often - sometimes several exams between a single occurrence - but I am saying that it IS possible...

...just like you did, below. 8)

9. supernova

supernova Gigabyte Poster

Its A

B would be a true statement if it said zombie.

Andi

Certifications: Loads
    WIP: Lots
  10. Markyboyt

Markyboyt Kilobyte Poster

the joys of google

I brought a lad at works laptop home as it was riddled with viruses and spyware, just had to look what was running that looked odd, google the names to find if they were dodgy and if they were how to remove them, took a couple of different programs and procedures but I got it all clear and google was the only way I could have done it. Didnt make me any cash, I just did it because I was intrigued.

WIP: A+
  11. postman

postman Byte Poster

Every time I need to know something that flashes up on any computer I work on, the first thing I check is the internet (Google) to see if it's been fixed before and how to do it, I remember last year being given the information on how to remove a bit of malware that had infected my sons' computer (which couldn't be removed by add/remove programs).

As for the question ???????? I had no clue :oops: but then I'm only half way through AIO A+ for the first time (and no real practical experience) and I'll really need 2/3/4 times to get all the information in my head.:(

WIP: A+
  12. del_port

del_port Byte Poster

this question looks exactly like one from this years college tests for A+,i answered A and got it correct when we did this question.
    Daemon i didn't see any connection with ddos at all sorry.

Certifications: A+ and MCDST 70-271
    WIP: mcdst 272
  13. supernova

Well there is a connection (even though its the wrong answer, nor a option) between daemon and DDOS. daemon's would often be providing the services under *nix that could be attacked by using DDOS

Also a daemon could be used to generate a DDOS attack.

But the key to the anwser is what DDOS itself stands for.

PS del_port did you used to be a bookkeeper?

Andrew

14. del_port

del_port Byte Poster

I wasn't a bookkeeper no.I am new to portsmouth,never lived here before.
    I always think of daemon as the dodgy software for cd games,i haven't yet looked into it properly so i ruled B out straight away.
    Answer A is the one they mentioned when i was learning this DDOS subject

15. supernova

No problem just i knew someone from an accountancy forum with the same nick.

Its not a term that crops up in windows much, basically means a program that runs in the background, it would be in Linux+, security+ alot and other certs that cover linux, unix and other *nix's

Good... i got A from Distributed Denial Of Service

Andrew

16. del_port

del_port Byte Poster

regarding the answer B i thought infected computers were called zombie computers?
    So that is may'be another reason i ruled out B .
    And i also thought of worldwide DDOS attacks rather than restricted geographical areas which is what answer D is about.
    With C surely it would be hard to work out the source of the attack if it's by multiple zombie computers?

networking and security is my weakest subject,but the above is how i see it.

17. supernova

Yeap they are, that was the trick part.

I was just explaining what daemons are and that DDOS could be an attack used against daemons.
    Thats why i stated "even though its the wrong answer, nor a option"

have a good weekend all

Andrew