exam payment

Discussion in 'A+' started by 808, Feb 13, 2005.

1. 808

808 Nibble Poster

hi

i do not have a credit or debit card.can i pay at my local test centre for the comptia and cisco exams or does the booking have to be online.

Certifications: none yet
    WIP: A+,N+
  2. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Interesting question 808 - not heard that one come up before. I'd suggest your best bet is find your nearest centre first, then give them a call and see what arrangements they offer.

HTH :D

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  3. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

Back when i did my first exams (MCSE NT4/A+) when i was 14 (8 years ago) I didnt have a debit/credit card either and I remember having to actually chat one of my parents friends up to borrow theres, as there was no other way to pay (testing centers are run by various training companies etc, not the people who actually administer the exams (thompson prometric and vue) so you pay prometric/vue direct, and then sit the exam with a third party

this may have changed somewhat over the years, i know theres the concept of vouchers, and perhaps you an buy these from test centers and then book with prometric using the code (like a Top up voucher for a mobile phone), ill have a quick look into it for you

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  4. 808

808 Nibble Poster

you can use someone else's card then.i was told(cant remember who by)that the voucher has the name of the person who ordered it wrote on it and it is only valid for that person.
    i take it this is not the case

sorry to ask silly questions but i am new to this certification business

thank you for all your help

5. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

Well i know you can use someone elses card to actually book the exam
    i dont know about the vouchers,as if they are going to have a name written on them that would be bad
    you can however call up prometric and book with someone elses credit card, as i have done this many times in the past (and even quite recently whilst i was unemployed last year as I cancel all my cards when i'm out of work)

so thats for booking direct, no voucher requried if your booking direct with a card

cant comment on VUE as i dont use them

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  6. 808

808 Nibble Poster

i have a bit more info

the training centre in manchester i am going to use accepts cash AND sells the vouchers.i have also found out that the vouchers can be used by anyone and not just the name of the person who purchased them.(there are a few for sale on EBAY)

i have phoned a few of the training centres and not all of them accept cash(credit card only)
    it seems a bit unfair for some of the younger people who want to get a certification before they are 18

i will let you know how i go on.

regards