Exam N10-004 compatible with N10-005

Discussion in 'Network+' started by Verinoxx, Sep 14, 2012.

1. Verinoxx

Verinoxx New Member

I have started reading the N10-004 study guide in order to prepare myself for the exam. I then recently realized that the test was no longer available and I had to take N10-005. Can I still applied what I learned from N10-004 and apply it to N10-005 and still keep reading my current text book, or should I stop now and go out and get the the lastest study guide. I am currently a tech with 2 years expereince with A+ cert.

2. The Zig

The Zig Kilobyte Poster

Know this sounds like a broken record here, but I recommend Professor Messer's N+ stuff. I've got so many exam objectives floating around my head right now that I can't remember the 004/005 difference off the top of my head, and if you want it you can probably Google it... but off the top of my head, new stuff to look at will be:
    • 802.11n - its features (e.g. avoiding interference), range, bandwidth, frequencies, etc.
    • Virtual Networking -virtual switches, servers, etc.
    • Mobile - perhaps stuff like 3G and related techs (they might call it WWAN just to be irritating)
    • IPv6 may also get more weighting, now that IPv4 is running on empty

The Prof covers all of these.

Certifications: A+; Network+; Security+, CTT+; MCDST; 4 x MTA (Networking, OS, Security & Server); MCITP - Enterprise Desktop Support; MCITP - Enterprise Desktop Administrator; MCITP - Server Administrator; MCSA - Server 2008; MCT; IOSH; CCENT
    WIP: CCNA; Server 2012; LPIC; JNCIA?