exam length

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by lynamcool, Oct 22, 2009.

1. lynamcool

lynamcool Bit Poster

just visited the prometric website to see available dates and times i can take the exam and it says the duration will take 2hrs and 30mins.

is that how long the exam is and if you finish the exam before your time is up can you leave the room ?

thanks

WIP: MCDST
  2. dazza786

dazza786 Megabyte Poster

I think that also includes the time for checking in, reading the NDA & accepting it, taking part in their little survey etc.

I'm sure I remember the exam to be 90 or 120 minutes. Have a look on the forum though... I'm sure I've read it before.

Certifications: MCP (271, 272, 270, 290, 291, 621, 681, 685), MCDST, MCTS, MCITP, MCSA, Security+, CCA(XA6.5)
  3. crazy horse

crazy horse Byte Poster

Hi,

Just completed the 70-271 and the test for me was 120 minutes long. The extra 30 minutes was to fill out the a questionnaire at the end and to fill out the forms before the test began.

Hope this helps,
    Crazy Horse

4. lynamcool

lynamcool Bit Poster

ok thanks , congrats if u passed :)

was your exam as hard as the ms press test cd or more like the objective review questions?

WIP: MCDST
  5. soundian

soundian Gigabyte Poster

Don't worry, the questions are much nearer the objective review questions than the practice exam questions.
    Looking back at my test history I was getting 90%+ in the objective review questions and 70-80% in the practice exams in the days leading up to my real exam. I scored 930/1000.
    If I were to put them on a scale of difficulty where 1 is the objective questions and 10 is the practice exams, I'd put the real thing at 2 or 3.

Certifications: A+, N+,MCDST,MCTS(680), MCP(270, 271, 272), ITILv3F, CCENT
    WIP: Knuckling down at my new job
  6. The Zig

The Zig Kilobyte Poster

Yeah. The impression I get is that the practice questions on the CD are roughly equivalent the toughest questions you may see on the exam.

This is a double-edged sword though.
    On the plus side, if you use them throughout your study they're a good gauge to check you're studying at sufficient depth to definitely pass.
    On the negative side, if - like me - you use them as final week pre-exam preparation, they're terrifying. After a few nights doing as many of those test questions as I could, mixed with desperate tech-net scrambling, and seriously considering delaying my exam, I went into the exam figuring my pass chance to be 50-50. As it turned out I passed so comfortably.

Certifications: A+; Network+; Security+, CTT+; MCDST; 4 x MTA (Networking, OS, Security & Server); MCITP - Enterprise Desktop Support; MCITP - Enterprise Desktop Administrator; MCITP - Server Administrator; MCSA - Server 2008; MCT; IOSH; CCENT
    WIP: CCNA; Server 2012; LPIC; JNCIA?