Exam Format

Discussion in 'A+' started by jay_man, May 16, 2005.

1. jay_man

jay_man Bit Poster

Hi Guys,

Got my 220-301 exam a week on Friday, can anyone tell me if you can skip through question backwards/Forwards and mark them, in the same way you can with quizzies that come with all these books I've purchased?????????????

Cheers in advance,

J

Certifications: A+, MCSE 2003
    WIP: Summer Holidays
  2. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

I believe you can but it's been several years since I took the A+. Someone with more recent experience will probably be along to confirm this.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  3. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

Yes. :)

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada
  4. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

As far as I recall, you can, J - don't quote me though. That was a while back I took the A+ :oops:

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  5. jay_man

jay_man Bit Poster

Cheers guys for the quick responce.

Am kinda bricking it for this exam, seem loads you need to mind, I've put it off a few times now, but just want to get it over with now.

6. cron0s

cron0s New Member

You can go forwards and backwards, you can mark any questions, and you can go over all of them again as many times as you want before you finish. One thing I did notice was it told you how many answers to select on the 'Which of the following options' type questions, something I don't remember the practice tests having.

Certifications: A+
  7. jay_man

jay_man Bit Poster

Cheers cron0s, was wondering about those types of questions too.

8. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

I suppose that depends on the exam testing software you use. The Trancender stuff (which I quite like) tells you how many boxes it expects you to tick.

As for the exam Jay_man, one tip would be to take your time. Read the question fully, often you can get tips in the question on the possible answer.

Sometimes it will look like there is 2 correct answers, if so check the question, it may say something like 'what is the most efficient way of doing this'. The word 'efficient' in that case is the clue. There may be 2 seemingly correct ways of fixing a problem as suggested in the answer, but one is likely to be long winded compared to the other etc...

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada
  9. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

Hi Jay,

If I were you I would only tick for review the questions you really aren't sure of.
    Sounds ovious but I ticked a lot of them when I did my Core exam because I thought I would go back and check them at the end.
    The problem is it sows seeds of doubt in your mind and you could change answers that are correct :oops:

Best of luck for the exam

Boyce

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT