Exam cancelled!

Discussion in 'General Cisco Certifications' started by Sandy, Oct 28, 2003.

1. Sandy

Sandy Ex-Member

Hi All

Just to let everybody know I have had to cancel my 607 resit!

Work has taken an unexpected turn that leads me to that difficult decision. I've been pulled from my normal support function to being the "Technical Lead" on a pretty big project but one based on Linux which I have no experance of (HP Unix being the usual flavour of Unix I use). So something had to go! - Now where is my redhat?

2. Phil
    Honorary Member

Phil Gigabyte Poster

Sorry to hear that sandy, though your new role must be good news, It's always good to experience new stuff :)

Certifications: MCSE:M & S MCSA:M CCNA CNA
    WIP: 2003 Upgrade, CCNA Upgrade
  3. Sandy

Sandy Ex-Member

Lets just say I am snowed under with reading! All good stuff.

4. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

In one sense, it's a tough break. All that studying and you can't take the test. On the other hand, it sounds like your employer really trusts you and needs your skills on this project. You get to take what you know about UNIX and learn new stuff about Linux. That can't be all bad. Plus, although you can't sit for your CCNA, it's not like the knowledge you have about switches and routers has gone away. As the need arises, you can still use it. Let us know how the project goes. Sounds facinating, "Technical Lead".

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  5. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

:iagree , Phil and Trip !

Sorry to hear that, Sandy, but as the Guys said, you are the very man to turn it to your advantage. I'm sure you'll be in there like a shot.

And you wouldn't dream of missing out on the chance to read even MORE new material, would you ? :study

Good luck, and keep us up to date.

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity