Exam 70-483: Programming in C#

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by AtosTim, Nov 8, 2012.

1. AtosTim

AtosTim New Member

Hi there,

I'm planning on taking the exam 70-483, but I don't really know what to study.
    For the moment I'm doing tutorials on every subject from a blog (MSDN study links for exam 70-483: Programming in C#, JayWay)

I'm also wondering if this book could be of any use: Head First C#, 2E: A Learner's Guide to Real-World Programming with Visual C# and .NET (Head First Guides)

Any advice will be appreciated a lot!
    Thanks in advance.

2. Gav

Gav Kilobyte Poster

Can you program in C#? If so, why are you looking to do that exam? When we hire developers, the only Microsoft certification (actually, the only certification) the Dev team seam to be bothered about is SQL, and even then, that's optional. The ability to develop, as well as some past experience, should be all you need to get a development role.

I haven't taken that exam personally, but I imagine it'd be more focused on techniques, and how you do things in Visual Studio, than on the language itself (although I may be wrong).

- Gav

3. AtosTim

AtosTim New Member

I have some experience in programming in C#, but it shouldn't do harm if I would upgrade my skills a bit. I have little experience in object oriented programming as with database connected application. Therefor I wish to do the exam, en and also because it's the first step the towards "MCSD: Windows Metro Style Apps Using C#."