Exam 70-270

Discussion in 'Windows 7 / 8 /10 Client Exams' started by devip, Mar 11, 2005.

1. devip

devip Bit Poster

How many questions will be there for the 70-270 exams? How long is the exam duration? Somewhere I read that the number of questions and the time allotted for the exam also varies for people. Can anybody tell me about this?

2. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

I can't give you the specifics but I'm sure a search of Google would yield answers. I can tell you that when you sign up for any MS cert exam, when the exam is constructed for your session, a series of questions is drawn (I assume in a somewhat random manner) from a database.

One of the results is that you might get a slightly different number of questions, a slightly more or less difficult set of questions, and a slightly different completion time than a fellow taking the same test a day earlier or a day later.

In other words, if you were to take the 270 today and take it again a month from now, you might only recognize a few questions on the second try from the first test. MS (and other providers) attempt to construct tests and testing situations that are based less on memorizing questions and answers and more on knowing and understanding the underlying material. That's one of the reasons why trusting "braindumps" is not only unethical, but ineffective and just not-bright.

Hope that helps some.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  3. Loopy

Loopy Bit Poster

I took the 70-270 exam last tuesday and there were 50 questions with 2 hours on the clock. I passed this exam although when I had my print out I only got about 60% in each area and a colleague who failed a different paper got a lot higher than me. There seems to be a set question bank at the moment, my paper was very heavily on laptops, IIS, Permissions, networking and printing, and I had absolutely nothing on RIS, Backups or disk hardware. My colleague had a paper that was very heavy on wireless devices, RIS, Sysprep, Back ups, etc and he found the paper a lot harder. A lot of these questions are covered in the Trancender exams which I am now using to revise for 70-290. Good luck!!

Certifications: MCP 70-270
    WIP: MCSA Windows Server 2003
  4. devip

devip Bit Poster

Thank you Tripwire and Loopy for the information.
    Devi