Ever had trouble passing a CIW exam???

Discussion in 'CIW Certifications' started by CGooders, Jan 15, 2007.

1. CGooders

CGooders Bit Poster

Hi,

I thought I would ask this as some advice could be helpful from more experienced members of this forum but any advice would be helpful.

How do you get around it, do you just keep trying untill you pass or take sometime out to revise every aspect again then book an exam? What worked for you?

I think the situation does depend on how you done/doing you certification as in home learning etc

Sorry if this might not be a good thread but it would help me to hear if some people have experienced any problems trying to pass an exam and how they got around it.

Cheers

Certifications: Master CIW Designer
    WIP: Microsoft 70-305 & 70-306.
  2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

I haven't failed a CIW exam before, but I have failed certification exams before. Failing an exam means that you don't have a good enough understanding of the concepts. So the process is the same whether it's a CIW exam, a Microsoft exam, or a Cisco exam: study the areas where you are weak.

The ultimate goal is NOT to pass the exam... the ultimate goal is to be able to apply your skills in order to become a better tech in the long run. So which approach do you think would be most valuable to you as a tech: simply throwing yourself at the exam until you pass, or studying until you completely understand the concepts?

Best of luck on your next attempt.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. stuPeas

stuPeas Megabyte Poster

That sums it up !!

I have been doing the CIW website design manager course (at home) for more than 2 years now. I'm not thinking of exams at all. My goal is to know what the course material means, but that's not all. The course material often offers a simplistic overview, or is outdated. It is always best (as far as im concerned) to go on the web and read around the subject as much as possible (even print good stuff, and store it in folders).
    Once you understand something, you don't have to rely on your memory as much as you would if you just revise stuff "Parrot Fashion".

Certifications: C&G Electronic, CIW Associate (v5).
    WIP: CIW (Website Design Manager)