Erm...Aparently I'm an MCITP!

Discussion in 'Windows 7 / 8 /10 Client Exams' started by simongrahamuk, Jan 24, 2008.

1. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Hmm, so MS Screwed up?

I downloaded my Transcript and Cert anyway just incase they decide to revoke it! :twisted:

So I might have to use that voucher to do 622 or 621 anyway! :rolleyes: And I'd just got all of my 2K - 2K3 upgrade books out! :biggrin

2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Yep... they screwed up. Realistically, they're not revoking it if we never really legally had it... we haven't fulfilled the requirements for them. So even if you've got the certificate on your wall, it won't be listed on your official transcript if/when they fix their error.

Extremely sloppy on their part. To be honest, I'm not sure they really know what they're doing over there. For example, requiring the 70-620 Vista Configuration client exam for the MCITP: Enterprise Administrator (basically equivalent to the old MCSE), but not for the MCITP: Server Administrator (basically equivalent to the old MCSA), makes absolutely no sense whatsoever if you analyze the job roles for those target audiences.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Have you heard anything back from MS yet then Michael?

4. BosonMichael

Not yet... and nothing on Trika's blog yet, either. Will definitely post when it happens. :)

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
  5. Spilly

Spilly Kilobyte Poster

Just checked my cert planner and yep just 2 core networking required 70-290 & 291 :biggrin

Certifications: A+,N+,S+,MCP,MCDST,MCITP,MCTS,MCSA,CISMP,PCI-P,SSCP
    WIP: CCSK
  6. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

back to being a TS! :biggrin

just checked my transcript and ITP has been removed. no answers from MS though!

Perhaps they just hope no one noticed! :biggrin

7. Stig

Stig Bit Poster

I am reliably informed this has now been sorted.

Are there still any 'accidental' MCITP's out there?

Certifications: ACA MCP MCSA MCSE MCTS MCITP MCAS MCT
    WIP: MCAP
  8. BosonMichael

All sorted, here. No word back from Trika... I'm guessing they're just sweeping it under the proverbial rug.

9. Stig

Stig Bit Poster

Trika has now 'fessed up on her blog.

Certifications: ACA MCP MCSA MCSE MCTS MCITP MCAS MCT
    WIP: MCAP
  10. BosonMichael

Thanks for the heads-up! I appreciate it. :)