Entry Level IT job

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by Technperson, May 27, 2013.

1. Technperson

Technperson New Member

I've graduated with a Bachelors degree (Management) in May. I started an PM internship that has made me realize that I want to get into the IT field. My background is very limited in the IT field ranging from a few month experience on database configuration, creating several websites for employers and converting files electronically within a share drive. I am also taking an SQL classes this summer. Does anyone have anymore recommendations. I would love to find a company that I an intern in. I'll even be willing to dedicates non pay time to learn. In the Tampa location area.

Also I was looking at several certification websites such as the National Computer Science Academy, Brainbench and Expertrater. Anyone know if these are good certification online sites?

Thanks

2. Beerbaron

Beerbaron Megabyte Poster

I have never heard of those certs. Are you looking to get in to development / programming?

Certifications: BSc (Hons), MSc, ITIL v3F, MCP, MCDST, MCITP: edst7, MCTS, MCSA: Server 2003, MCSA: Windows 7, N+, NVQ IT lvl 3, MCSA Windows 7, VCP5, CCENT, CEH
    WIP: CISSP