entering the world of networking

Discussion in 'General Cisco Certifications' started by ben betty, Oct 31, 2011.

1. ben betty

ben betty New Member

hi everyone,

i'm currently in the royal signals and looking to leave within the next year. as i have had this in mind for a while now i put myself on a course so i could do networking within the army, i have been doing this now for 3 years and feel i have gained some good experience. the only problem is i don't have any quals i.e A+, N+ CCNA ect. based on what i have told you could i go for a network engineer's job or similar once i have completed thee course's above?

thank you very much for your time

ben

2. jonny7_2002

jonny7_2002 Byte Poster

Hi Ben and welcome to the forum!!

First of all, big respect for being in the Army!

It all depends what knowledge you have i suppose, if you have the knowledge why not go and take the network+/CCNA Exam? the qualifications just backup your knowledge, its effectivly an official peice of paper that shows you can do what you claim to to be able to do.

If i was you, i would look over the CCNA syllabus and then see if you know the topics or if you think you could pass the exam. If you are interested in networking technologies then the Cisco track is very interesting and in a geeky way 'quite fun'! :oops:

i am currently on the tshoot exam of the CCNP and so far i have enjoyed alot of my studies (to a point). the certifications build up and up and up and you find yourself thinking that you could go to CCIE eventually, even though in the beginning i was just aiming for the CCNA!

Anyway, good luck!

Jon

Certifications: CCNA R&S, CCNP R&S, CCDA, CCNA Voice, CCNA Wireless & CCNA Security
    WIP: CCIE V5 (when its out)