emule software music and video

Discussion in 'Software' started by Andre, Nov 7, 2004.

1. Andre

Andre Nibble Poster

I just wonder how many of you got orginal software like Office, Windows, Photoshop, Corel or whatever you use. I mean your own PC not PC at work.

Me I have to admit, hmmm ....... not many of them are original, unfortunately I can not affort for it.

How about you?

Recently I read somewhere that in UK almost 40% of internet users copy software music and video.

What do you think about that?

Andre

Certifications: A+
    WIP: 70-270, 70-290, Network+
  2. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Hmmm, replies to this should be interesting .....:D

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  3. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

just a word of warning guys. be careful what you're saying here. both for the sake of yourselves, and the sake of certforums!

i personally have to say i prefer the original stuff. i like (in the case of music) having the actual cd and cover. in the case of software, its the manuals and the tech support i like having! as far as office is concerned, i wont pay 300 or whatever it is for a copy, but i have been able to get it under student and teacher license lately! so thats it down to a respectable 80 quid!

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  4. Andre

Andre Nibble Poster

As for technical support. I've got laptop form Dubai and I live in UK so when I was having problem with my Windows XP (orginal one) and I was trying to get some help from Microsoft I was told to go to Dubai and there ask for help.

Certifications: A+
    WIP: 70-270, 70-290, Network+
  5. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

I have a full bought and paid for copy of
    Windows XP
    Windows 2000 Server
    Windows 2003 Server

I also have legit VL copies of
    Windows XP
    Windows 2003 Standard Server
    Windows 2003 Enterprise Server

I have legit MSDN copies of the entire MS back catalogue pretty much

have a liscenced copy of Office 2003 and Visio 2000-2003

as for technical support thats not a great reason to pay for a product, the standard for most software/cheap hardware products is pretty poor these days

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  6. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

As my brother in law is a teacher I tend to have a couple of student license products around. If I really need something then I pay for it and if it's a 'nice to have' then I try to find a freeware/open source program that does the same.

I read last week that in Switzerland about 30% of software is illegal. Better than some countries I suppose.:oops:

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685