Election stuff

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by zxspectrum, May 7, 2010.

1. ericrollo

ericrollo Megabyte Poster

An end of an era

Certifications: MOS Master, A+, MCP 271
    WIP: HND, Programming, Another Job
  2. westernkings

westernkings Gigabyte Poster

No one voted Tony Blair in either, labour was voted for. Conservatives have nothing in common with me or 90% of the rest of the population. This isn't the 1800s and there is no place for Aristocrats here.

The Tories got in for one reason only, and that is because of the 2 million sheep that read the Sun and Daily Mail that sold out and switched convinced that Gordon Brown personally is responsible for every single thing that has been wrong and that David Cameron would save us all without actually knowing what he was planning to do.

The list of messes isn't even that big:

Immigration
    Fuel Tax
    Wastage in the Public Sector

And probably a couple more.

The Deficit argument is nonsense, GB did the right thing and propped up the economy to secure jobs whilst the Tories shouted "**** the working class, and don't fund the economy". I didn't go to Oxford like Master David did, but even I know that it isn't public debt that causes job losses, it the act of Everyman not spending anything.

Someone needed to spend something, and it certainly wasn't the sheep in Britain. As for cutting the national debt, I am sure that will be solved by the proposed Upper Class and Corporation tax cuts. :rolleyes:

I find nothing more abhorrent than Nick Clegg selling out his naff liberal ways for the complete opposites just for a slice of the pie.

As Master David said

"It is not what I am owed, but what I can give" - Yea, he would like that wouldn't he, the working class to put all in, whilst him and his mates swan around not worrying about anything.

Last edited: May 11, 2010
    Certifications: MCITP:VA, MCITP:EA, MCDST, MCTS, MCITP:EST7, MCITP:SA, PRINCE2, ITILv3
  3. ericrollo

ericrollo Megabyte Poster

The cuts will come from the massive crippling blow tax which will only be for people earning less than 30k a year.

We don't really know what has happened behind the scenes but if this was the case i would agree.

Certifications: MOS Master, A+, MCP 271
    WIP: HND, Programming, Another Job
  4. westernkings

Either way, Conservative and Liberal are an oxymoron. He has taken the cheap route and just thought "I want to feel important".

Certifications: MCITP:VA, MCITP:EA, MCDST, MCTS, MCITP:EST7, MCITP:SA, PRINCE2, ITILv3
  5. dales

dales Terabyte Poster

As far as I can see in my rather limited thirty something years a party is only voted for as long as the whoopsy-ometer does not reach too high. Each time I've seen a new party take over government I can imagine them starting a fresh at zero (think blue peter charity ringpull meter thingy) over a period of time the whoopsy-ometer will start climbing and a new government will be elected. Seeing as we only really have 2 parties that at the moment with any chance of winning elections this means we will just swing from one party to the other.

I voted for neither the red or blues but someone else, and think think that the hung parliment probably reflects that people generally do not trust any of them at the moment and those who are not staunch red/yellow or blue supporters probably voted differently thus giving this result.

Certifications: vExpert 2014+2015+2016,VCP-DT,CCE-V, CCE-AD, CCP-AD, CCEE, CCAA XenApp, CCA Netscaler, XenApp 6.5, XenDesktop 5 & Xenserver 6,VCP3+5,VTSP,MCSA MCDST MCP A+ ITIL F
    WIP: Nothing
  6. westernkings

They have already started making the us and them choices, 5 year agreements with no exceptions, scrapped the mansions tax, scrapped the inheritance tax rise.

So, immediately started helping out their true supporters.

7. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

Very little is going to happen because no one is going to agree on any sweeping reforms, so I think we're headed for a beige future rather than grey.

Then at some point in the future there's going to be an argument and it's all going to fall apart.

I read a joke the other day which summed it all up for me, it went something like:

'I'm glad to see the electoral system is still working.
    I didn't vote for anybody, and he won.'

Made me chuckle.

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  8. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

Totally agree, good post matey.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada
  9. kevicho

kevicho Gigabyte Poster

It doesnt matter what governments in "power" there is nothing to stop you from trying to improve your own life.

To be honest im reasonably happy with whats happened, glad Vince Cables got a top job although I think as someone pointed out the seats verses overall votes show that parliament isnt representative of the popular vote.

To me a local and national vote would be more preferably as I would have liked to vote for a certain local MP who has done a lot of good in the local area however he was Labour so I was forced to choose between local and national preference, and it would have been unfair if a good MP lost a seat due to party affiliation.

Certifications: A+, Net+, MCSA Server 2003, 2008, Windows XP & 7 , ITIL V3 Foundation
    WIP: CCNA Renewal
  10. Len

Len Byte Poster

Agreed. But don't get me wrong, I am tying to "improve my life" by finding employment, but it doesn't help when the government steps in and makes things harder. Anyhow, I like the idea the Tories have on jobs and welfare(whether or not any of it actually happens is another thing), and it will benefit me as I actually do look for work (unlike some people).

Certifications: BND IT Practitioners
    WIP: Comptia A+