Ebay and the state of the UK! What a shambles!

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by drum_dude, Apr 3, 2010.

1. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

Hopefully it's the case for you that the newer members are just taking the piss. I wouldn't look forward to seeing your eBay invoice at the end of it though :blink :oops:

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  2. drum_dude

drum_dude Gigabyte Poster

Yeah I'm in for some hefty bills on that one mate! But I had a target figure that I wanted for the stuff and that has now been exceeded by £300ish quid...so happy days! Just want shot of the stuff though, it's paid me back many times over the years with all the gigging I've done...so whatever I get will be a nice little bonus!

Certifications: MCP, MCSA 2000 , N+, A+ ,ITIL V2, MCTS, MCITP Lync 2010 & MCSA 2008, Sonus SATP SBC 1k/2k
    WIP: Hopefully Skype for Business and some Exchange stuff...
  3. Makaveli

Makaveli Byte Poster

:clap

4. honeymonkey

honeymonkey Bit Poster

eBay is more of a retail outlet with all the buy it now items from china, I once sold a PC on eBay about 4 years ago, just the base unit. The buyer put in a complaint saying the processor was lower spec, the heat sink had come off and damaged the graphics card, I asked for photos but he said it was too small to show up on his camera. I refused to give a refund, he then said he was a MP and would take me to court. in the end eBay too my side.

Certifications: 10 meter swimming
    WIP: MCSE 2003
  5. drum_dude

Well the complete sale exceeded the £2.5K mark...which is £1k more than I had hoped for!!! Also, the listing and final valuation fees are approx £125! Obviously, there is going to be some Paypal fees mixed in with that for those who paid that way...but yeah...brill!!!

Certifications: MCP, MCSA 2000 , N+, A+ ,ITIL V2, MCTS, MCITP Lync 2010 & MCSA 2008, Sonus SATP SBC 1k/2k
  6. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Nice one mate :biggrin

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  7. drum_dude

Cheers mate.

the shock factor was:

Zildjian A Custom Projection 16" £90
    Zildjian A Custom Projection 17" £98
    Zildjian Z Custom Ride 20" £90

However, that was made up by:

Zildjian K 13" Hats: £177

I'm sure you'd of loved them cymbals at that price mate! :D

Last edited: Apr 4, 2010
  8. Sparky

Ive always wanted a set of Zildjian K hats mate. Used them at a gig a few years back and loved them.

Actually I need to get my kit back to be honest. Its at my folks just now up the loft! Tama 5 piece with various Ziljian and Sabian cymbals. Tama hardware and Pearl double bass pedal as well.

Hope my folks haven’t chucked it all out! :biggrin

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
  9. drum_dude

Seems the the Ks are in high demand mate! Z and A cymbals appear to be just common trash! i thought I'd distanced myself by going for Projections but obviously not!

Check this out dude: Tama Starclassic Performer 6 piece kit with Hardware (cymbal stands, Iron Cobra pedal, iron cobra hi-hat, Tama throne too...all Tama) all purchased in mid 2002. Guess how much I got for it all? £820 mate! Not a bad f*ckin return on a gigged kit...all of it is proper gigged mate! I put it up for £300 and thought I'd be lucky to get £500 but my now former work collegue in Glasgow said at the time that his gut feeling was £800 sheets for the lot! I'm pretty pleased at that!

10. Sparky

That’s a good return!

Looks like the decent names (Tama, Zildjian etc.) hold the value over the years....

11. drum_dude

Last edited: Apr 4, 2010
  12. drum_dude

Well it's the old game ain't it mate...good name, good wood and good metal! The big issue these days on the 2nd hand marked it that a lot of people can get this gear on 0% finance...so they tend to go brand new! But the older stuff is just as good...if not better!

I agree on the Tama stuff mate, but it seems that the Zildjian A and Z stuff is pretty common...Ks seems to be the most sought after!

Mind you...I was offered £300 on the Tama to end the auction! I was told in the message that it was a FEPOS (Far Eastern Piece Of Sh1t) and that I wouldn't get more then £300 for it...seems that they were wrong! It's a Birch kit that was Made in Japan...a lot of quality in there mate!

13. Sparky

Good cover there mate! :clap

So do think you will miss the drums? I sold my Pearl Forum kit a few years back (needed the cash!) and it turned up at a gig I was at.

First song in and I turned to my mate and said “that guys playing my old kit!!”. Turned out it was and I had a quick blast on it at the end of the night.

After that I’ve always been held on to all my drums even though I haven’t played for a couple of years now.

14. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  15. danielno8

danielno8 Gigabyte Poster

this

getting pissed off because someone says 'hey' makes you sounds like an arse.

EDIT: For the record i do not think you are an arse from reading plenty of your posts. I do however think getting annoyed because someone says hey to you is arsey.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2010
    Certifications: CCENT, CCNA
    WIP: CCNP
  16. drum_dude

Nah mate...the inability to practice was always something of an issue i.e. the noise! No matter whether it be on an e-kit or an a-kit, it was always tricky to get in some long practice.

Also, the lugging around of gear etc is something I won't miss either!!!!

I think my old Premier kit is still being played in that very club on that video! I used it a lot there before buying the Tama and one of the regulars there was constantly begging me to sell him the kit. It was well knackered though so I'd be interested to see what it looks like today!

17. drum_dude

No probs! There is tons of vids on that channel...not all me, stuff up to about 2003 is me. I never knew just how many gigs the lead guitarist filmed until he created that channel! Don't seem to remember him ever setting up a camcorder?? :blink