Ebay add for Sky HD

Discussion in 'Just for Laughs' started by twizzle, Mar 29, 2008.

1. twizzle

twizzle Gigabyte Poster

Ok so i been browsing fleabay, looking to buy a Sky HD box cheaply (refuse to pay Skys extortionate costs!).

Some one is selling a Dummy box (outer shell normally used for display) and below is part of thier description for the item:-

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SKY-HD-BOX-Dummy_W0QQitemZ160223675592QQihZ006QQcategoryZ96971QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Thomson Sky HD Box - Outer Shell Only.

Why would you need one of these ?

#1 : Replacement : Your HD casing is scratched / cracked / damaged. Just swap the housings and Bob's your transvestite Aunty !

#2 : Display : Use it as a dummy box. You often see them in furniture stores / photo and film sets.

#3 : Revenge : Wind up that lazy teeneage son who think his parents should give him anything he desires, regardless of cost !

#4 : Insurance Fraud - "You can clearly see from last weeks photos of our Kylies birthday party - the Sky HD box just over her shoulder, which was also taken during the break in ......."

#5 : Practicle Joke : Drop it off the local multi-storey car park shouting - "The SKY is falling ! Check out that definition !!!"

#6 : Neighbourhood Watch : Leave it in an unlocked car and have a right laugh when some doped-up hoodie tries to sell it to Cash Converters !

I'd have to say i loved the idea for number 3, and numbers 1 and 5 shows the seller has too much time on his hands.

Certifications: Comptia A+, N+, MS 70-271, 70-272
    WIP: Being a BILB,
  2. delorean

delorean Megabyte Poster

Genius. This sold me. Can't type any more i'm hastily punching in my credit card details to PayPal!!! :bud

Certifications: A+, MCP 70-270, 70-290, 70-291
    WIP: 70-680, S+, MCSA, MCSE, CCNA
  3. JonGlory

JonGlory Byte Poster

Lol thats great, a least the guy is honest, will never forget about the bloke that bought an XBox box for over 150 quid on ebay becasue he though it was a typo :biggrin

WIP: LIFE