Dynamics IT again

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by mrtymek, Jun 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrtymek

mrtymek New Member

I've found this thread http://www.certforums.co.uk/forums/thread32736.html and am now getting a bit nervous.
    My situation though is a bit different. They advertised to most people posting in that thread, as an "academy" or more like a job agency.

In my situation though, I'm supposed to start working directly for them as a trainee it technician after completing the required certifications...

What do you think of that, or what are your experiences? I've paid that fee, and signed a contract, or a "job offer letter"... I was never told, that they will get me a job, but that they themselves are recruiting, and offering me a job.

2. moondas

moondas Bit Poster

It's all in that thread mate, these guys are scammers.

Certifications: MCITP, MCTS, A+
    WIP: hmm...
  3. majika

majika Just Browsing

That's great ... I signed the contract and paid 250 ...

Did anyone try to pass the exams and get the certificates? I received an e-mail with the right codes. According to the contract I signed I am going to start working part time once I pass the right exams.

Is there anyone who's got positive experiences with them? ...

4. sidimmu

sidimmu Bit Poster

you have got your self the materials for the certifications, the rest they promised you is a lie, you will never be able to contact them, get practise exams, get discounts, a job at the end or any support at all. sorry to put it like that but its the truth im afraid.

plus not being funny, with the amount of people in the other thread stating the bad experiences, what makes you think that they will treat you differently, they have no reason to, they have your money and you have the electronic material for a couple months which is all that is said that will happen, if you had read the small print it does say that they will take you on but can be released with a months notice which they will prob give to you once you say you have finished them and not give you any actual work.

5. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

Once again, despite the difficult market conditions, anyone who thinks they can buy themselves into a job has got a shock coming.

Sorry if it sounds harsh.

I'm always shocked that companies are happy to turn a profit at the expense of desperate people.

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  6. majika

majika Just Browsing

I was told that the money is the deposit in case I got the certificates but decided not to work for them - which is a perfect excuse. I Attach the contract I signed:

I know my stuff and I was really perfect for that job - Most of my experiences and modules I studied were related to the job.

In the file "2" I underlined one important sentence. I was expecting them to offer mi a course, but not a job ( I was going to say no to the course, but she offered me a job .. that requires the certificates to assure the quality of service ).
    When I was reading it there in the office, I decided to ignore it ... I mean - I would never expect a company related to microsoft to lie to do such things ...

Still, according to the contract, i should be able to get the certificates, right?
    Have a look please, and thanks for your input!

ps. It feels great to know that someone made a fool of you ... so easily

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 20, 2011
  7. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

I'm not entirely sure what you're saying here.
    Do you basically mean that you didn't want to do a certification course but only signed up because of the 'job offer'? (A job which required you to have IT certificates).

I'm afraid I can't read any of the attachments, they're too faint - but I would suspect that they are pretty water-tight legally.

Unfortunately, it's all in the wording.

8. majika

majika Just Browsing

Yes, I was told that in order to start working for them I have to first obtain the certificates.

I haven't noticed that the files were modified when uploading them on the forum.

I will wait for your comments and than ask some of my friends who study law to give me some more information about such contracts. There must be a way to stop this ;/

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 20, 2011
  9. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

As we've said before, legally speaking there may be nothing wrong with this. As long as they genuinely are able to offer you some kind of employment at the end of your training then what they are saying is true. There may however be other terms in the small print that make this difficult - they may specify a work location which isn't convenient, insist you pass the exams in an unrealistic timescale or say that the job is a short contract.

What you have got here is a case of mis-selling. If you can show that they are giving the impression that they are an employment agency when in fact they are a training company then you may be able to kick up a stink for them.

You could also complain to Microsoft - at the end of the day it's their academy logo on there. That might be a long term solution though when you look at how long it took MS to do something about testking or that Thornton bloke.

Speak to citizen's advice on the issue of misrepresentation and then maybe contact trading standards. As I always say though, before you do anything, write to the training company telling them you want to cancel and exactly why. Then tell them what you're going to do if they say no. Might save you a lot of work...

10. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Yes and if you read it carefully you will see that you need to be MCSA+Messaging/MCITP 2008 (at least 5 exams) within 3 months of the signing the booking form (using only the training materials provided and also online training, so basically self study).

Almost impossible for anybody with no IT experience or knowledge and quite hard to do if you do have it.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  11. soundian

soundian Gigabyte Poster

And it's impossible to get MCSA+M unless you already have a required cert, 70-284, which retired March 31st this year.
    Since the receipt specifies the 4 exams for MCSA+M plus one upgrade exam you may just have them by the short and curlies there.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2011
    Certifications: A+, N+,MCDST,MCTS(680), MCP(270, 271, 272), ITILv3F, CCENT
    WIP: Knuckling down at my new job
  12. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

Don't you just hate it when TPs don't bother checking these things?
    There are some still offering MCDBA and MCSD...

13. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

lol damn those pesky training providers :)

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  14. Biggjoe81

Biggjoe81 Bit Poster

Hi Mrtymek,

had an encounter with dynamics IT last week. And I will avoid them if I was you.

Good Luck!

15. sairam17481

sairam17481 New Member

hi iam new to this forum

Last edited: Jul 27, 2011
    Certifications: mainframe
  16. sairam17481

sairam17481 New Member

aaaaaa

17. sairam17481

sairam17481 New Member

If any one got call from Dynamic IT solution

18. Maggie78

Maggie78 New Member

Hi Majika,

I signed up to Dynamics, did the exams as self-study and worked on their helpdesk after I passed my Microsoft Server 2003 and Exchange Server. I supported clients for nearly 8 months there but now work for someone else as I moved out of London. Hope this helps.

19. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

With hindsight, using the word 'Dynamics' in my job title wasn't the greatest idea.
    I think I'll change it...

20. obedullah

obedullah New Member

One word-SCAM, beware, never sign a paper without reading it no matter who's the employer or the person in front of you looks like. I learnt my lesson but I was one of the lucky guys who was able to get money back somehow.

Any guys who have been the victim should report to police and seek advise from consumer direct- and sue the company for proving false and misrepresenting information. Police will only be able to take action if they receive complains in numbers. they cant act upon one complain as the 'game' DynamicIT setup seemed to be legal.

Hope this might help.