@DVENT TRAINING

Discussion in 'A+' started by spy22, Oct 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Its not good to insult people especially one who is as experienced and far more knowledgable than yourself.

not being funny mate, but you can't claim to be brainiac 2007 with C.L.A.I.T

I did the equivelant after I left school not even worth mentioning on the CV.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  2. spy22

spy22 Byte Poster

This post gets better!!

I cant believe that when i registered to this forum about a month ago I was mocked (in so many words) and basically told to watch my grammar due to using 'text speak' within posts and warned that it looked unprofessional and lazy!!

Can i say that reading the previous replies within this post I am actually embarrassed for the people who said i looked unprofessional and state that this and it is actually laughable

Like I said about 10 replies ago that djbonnet reiterated can we agree to disagree! Aslong as we all get qualified what does it matter which way we personally go about it?

Think some of us need to jump off our high horses really.

Hope I havent offended anyone here just want to get on with learning and do find this site and your advice very helpful.

Thankyou

James

:blink

Certifications: Its who you know not what you know!!!
    WIP: CCNA?
  3. greenbrucelee

No one is saying your stupid for choosing a training provider to do your studies, we were just trying to point out that it can be done cheaper and imo in a way thats far more satisfing by self study.

Ofcourse people learn better in different ways, some people need someone to tell them how to do things some people can work it out for themselves after reading on the subject.

But with regards to the txt spk it is lazy especially when you are talking to people who are proffesionals and could get you a job through themselves and/or their contacts.

With the title of this thread there has been a lot of negative comments on them in the past and I was (don't know about anyone else) was trying to say that there has been more negatives about them than good.

But as you say lets agree to dissagree.

4. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

(ahem)
    [​IMG]
    it only encourages them

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  5. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Hush, Zeb...

...he'll think you're "name calling". :rolleyes:

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  6. spy22

spy22 Byte Poster

I never accused anyone of 'name calling' did I really, nice to see a comment to try and difuse a situation gets laughed at.

I cant believe you said we could pay you a 10th of the cost to be a training provider. Can I just say how great you would be at it and the love and support would be much appreciated :p

Certifications: Its who you know not what you know!!!
    WIP: CCNA?
  7. BosonMichael

First, personal attacks are not tolerated here, including sarcastic ones.

Second, I *do* provide love and support and quality advice to people on these forums. If you doubt that, check out the Reputation rating, which are given by forum members... or the Advisor award, which is voted on by forum members... or simply ask THEM for yourself.

Finally, I currently work for a training provider, and have written high-quality IT training products (including a book) for a living for several years, and am doing quite well... doesn't much matter whether YOU think I'd be good at it, does it? :dry

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
  8. AJ

AJ 01000001 01100100 01101101 01101001 01101110 Administrator

Come on guys, enough of the attacks.

Lets get back to topic, or move on to another thread.

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Breathing in and out, but not out and in, that's just wrong
  9. asje1

asje1 Byte Poster

Can everyone grow up a little bit here? Name calling, insulting etc... this is meant to be a place where people can discuss, seek advice and learn - not get involved in childish word games like this.

Spy22 is right can we get back to topic or can someone please close this thread?

Certifications: A+, N+
  10. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

AJ had already replied 8)

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  11. asje1

asje1 Byte Poster

Just backing him up mate 8)

Certifications: A+, N+
  12. djbonnett

djbonnett Banned

By the way the C.L.A.I.T cert in my profile was meant to be a joke, but your so clever you wouldnt know; sorry.

Anyway! 2 years on I am am going to update all you so called experts at where I have ended up with my learning using a training provider.

I passed my A+ in 6 months
    Passed my MCDST in 3 months
    I took time out to do N+ roughly about 5 weeks of study to pass.
    Just finished my MCSA 6 months
    whilest doing all this I have been learning Spanish.

I am now studying VB.net because the £58,000 a year job I got because I used a training provider ( who actually got me the interview might I add) said they need a member of staff to be trained to work in another department. I couldnt refuse because they are paying for it... well it would be rude to turn down.

So you see, I am actually better than you in all aspects.... technically and as a human being as well.

I suddenly feel rather smug.... mmmm :)

ps: have you raised the £125 yet to take your first exam yet?

if you need any adive on the exam, I would be glad to help.

Hasta pronto. xx

Certifications: C.L.A.I.T.
    WIP: A+ and MCDBA
  13. djbonnett

djbonnett Banned

I didnt fail by the way, I used a training provider... see my post above.

You stick to working at PC world chap, selling printers to OAP's that havent got a clue. xxx

Certifications: C.L.A.I.T.
    WIP: A+ and MCDBA
  14. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

So you've waited nearly 2 years to reply back to GBL? Please don't brag about how better you think you are than others. No one is belittling anyone for using Training Providers, we don't like the ones that don't deliver on their promises, so people end up being taking for mugs.

So how much work experience did you have when you took those exams?

I do not know what you are trying to prove with your reply? Arrogance/pride before a fall springs to mind.

I don't think anyone here will be taking any of your advice.

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  15. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

Quite literally LMFAO.

You fail on so many levels. So , so many.

16. greenbrucelee

Bull****

Since you are now so clever you have asked have I raised the £125 to take the exm first it was never £125 it was £111 + vat which was at the time 133.

Second if your so clever you would notice the little box at the top right of the screen that says what exams I have done.

Third I do not understand the term adive :D and your on £58000 a year no wonder this country in the state it is with douchebags like you who can't spell at the higher end of the scale.

Or are you really on £5.80 at Mcdonalds day dreaming of what you want to do?

17. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Only £58k? Looks like things havent worked out for you. 8)

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  18. BosonMichael

Really? Amazing! You know what? I passed all those exams in less time WITHOUT having to pay back a training provider... AND I got an IT job by myself (before I got any of those certifications, by the way).

Unlike you, I don't feel I'm "better" than anyone else. But I know I paid a whole lot less than you did. I'd feel smug if I didn't feel so sorry for you because of how you treat others.

19. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

If he earns 58K a year Sparks, I will mow your lawn for six months. I'll commute to Scotland to do it as well. On foot.

Unless, of course, he is actually literally paid in Ks (crap cider) - in which case 58 bottles of that PA sounds like a reasonable price for a man of hi skills and experience.

LOL at this necrothread - it's given me the best laugh I've had all week

20. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Thank you for letting us know how you have progressed during the last two years. I am pleased for your success.

As this thread is no longer serving a valid purpose I am closing it. 8)