Dual monitor problem...

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by albertc30, May 27, 2009.

1. albertc30

albertc30 Kilobyte Poster

Hello everybody.
    I have got an onboard ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphics with 700MB shared.
    I have on the same motherboard HDMI and normal VGA.
    The setup in BIOS is for VGA/HDMI.
    The VGA works fine with my HP w2007v and the HDMI is working fine with my Samsung 26 TV.
    I have got the HP as my primary monitor and the TV as secondary and as extended to the first screen.
    Now my problem is that I once had it from first installation, in a way that whenever I opened a video file I would have the video displayed in my monitor as normal screen and on the TV it would be full size screen.
    This way was great as I could minimize the window on my primary screen and work while a movie was being played on my second screen.
    Now this doesn't happened anymore after I had installed the OS from scratch. I have the catalyst control center that I have messed about without no joy.
    Now when I open a movie I can only see it on my main monitor but can drag it to the TV and then maximize it but, as soon as the movie gets dragged halfway into the TV monitor, my first display goes full screen and the telly has got the movie there as well so as you all can image not the best way if I want to work on my computer.
    Anybody any comments about how to go around this problem are more then welcome as it's driving me nuts.
    Cheers.

Certifications: CCNA
    WIP: 220-701 - A+
  2. danielno8

danielno8 Gigabyte Poster

Not quite sure if i'm understanding correctly, but you had it playing on both screens, but would minimise it on your monitor so as to keep working and have it playing full screen on the TV?

On mine i open video files in media player, or whatever, and just drag that application to the screen i want to play it on and full screen it, then have my other monitor for working with.

Certifications: CCENT, CCNA
    WIP: CCNP
  3. Gingerdave

Gingerdave Megabyte Poster

What video player are you using? if it is VLC I know there are options as to how it treats dual monitor full screen video, you could try playing around with that.

Certifications: A+,MCP, MCDST, VCP5 /VCP-DV 5, MCTS AD+ Net Inf 2008, MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  4. albertc30

albertc30 Kilobyte Poster

Hello everybody.
    This is funny as it always seems to happen to me.
    I had tried playing with the settings on my catalyst control center and never found out what to do so I posted here for help.
    After all this I then went on the catalyst control center only to find it first time and it was quite simple.
    Please see pic attached.
    Now whatever video I open regardless of the program, WMP. VLC, NP, if I have the second display active, it goes straight there as full screen and on my monitor I can just minimize it.
    It was quite simple after all.
    Thanks for all the replies everybody.
    Cheers

Attached Files:

• ccc.jpg
      ccc.jpg
      File size:
      79.4 KB
      Views:
    Certifications: CCNA
    WIP: 220-701 - A+
  5. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

I would suggest you try UltraMon. It's an app that enhances the functionality of multiple display setups. It may not solve your problem, but you probably won't know how you coped without it once it's on. :)

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada