Downtime - game

Discussion in 'Gamers Hangout' started by Melissa.intel, Oct 22, 2009.

1. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

Hi mate.

There's a bit of confusion over which country I'm going to.
    Hopefully we'll get it cleared up soon because it's a bit of a show-stopper at the moment.

I think business class would be best.
    I'll probably be able to put it on my expenses.

I'm just waiting for Mel to get back to me with the details.

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  2. GiddyG

GiddyG Terabyte Poster Gold Member

Umm... Jonny?

Just a thought... maybe you're not playing a game... maybe you're actually working for them now. Check and see if there's a Salary tab 'in-game'.

You've heard this thing called Virtualisation, or whatever it's called? Yeah? Well, I've heard tell Phoenix isn't actually in Boise... well, he is but 'in-game'.

And Zeb isn't actually in Croydon... he's really in Nashville with BM, so it's worse... :)

3. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

It's funny you should mention that mate.

I did have a moment where I was playing the Intel game where reality and fiction blurred
    It was a bit like The Matrix.

There I was putting another stick of ram into some ungrateful oiks PC when I suddenly wasn't sure if I was playing the game or in real life.

So I tried to kill the employee and couldn't - so I figured I was still playing the game.
    It's always good to have a way of checking, a bit like pinching yourself but I don't like pinching myself because it hurts.

Now you've got me wondering if Mel is actually a character from the game.

That could really be inconvenient for me as I've just sold my house and told my boss to stick his job up his @rse, and I'm pretty sure all that happened in real life.

But hey ho, it's a bit like a film I saw once where you couldn't tell if you were in a game or in real life so you just had to get on with things.

Mind you, now you mention virtualization - maybe the game IS Intel. :eek:

Maybe they've done away with their staff and facilities and now only exist in a little simulation thingy.

This could set a whole new perspective on my predicament.

Mel - any chance that before I get my tickets you could confirm that Intel is still a real company?

Thanks.

4. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

Hi Mel.

Sorry to be a pain.

I forwarded your previous comment about Intel's exploding computers being 'a fun thing to try out' to the highly strung gentleman at the Home Office but I'm afraid he was having none of it.

Apparently he needs to know what sort of explosives they are.

I'm afraid I don't know.
    I told him about virtualization, but I don't think he's into IT like we are.

Would you mind giving him a call for me?
    You probably know more about it than I do and there is something wrong with my phone. At least the BT van is still over the road, so they're obviously trying to fix it.

Cheers.

Talk soon.

5. dazza786

dazza786 Megabyte Poster

far too much time on your hands

Certifications: MCP (271, 272, 270, 290, 291, 621, 681, 685), MCDST, MCTS, MCITP, MCSA, Security+, CCA(XA6.5)
  6. GiddyG

Maybe... in these politically correct times... MEL is the female version of HAL. She is the latest product from INTEL. Self-aware RAM that thinks independently. Anything and anyone threatening her will be removed.

Turn her off... quick! :ohmy

"No... don't do that Jonny":eek:

Then again, maybe she's just INTEL PR... so nothing to worry about.

Hi Mel... 8)

7. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Even more bizarre...

...he could be me. Or I could be him. :ninja

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  8. GiddyG

Umm... OK, when when you guys post, who is Good Cop and who is Bad Cop? Just asking? 8)