DOS 6.22 question!

Discussion in 'Software' started by juice142, May 9, 2007.

1. Tinus1959

Tinus1959 Gigabyte Poster

Right, I have seen "programmers" using a 50 char field to store a zipcode. Why? "Well, that's standard in the program." Using a char field to indicate a true/false status where 1 bit is enough.
    Programmers do not learn to speed up code, optimization seems a dirty word today. "My processor is so fast, who cares?"
    I've seen guys building a website in word and then saving it as HTML:eek: Unbelievable! And to know that MS created a fine program to build websites. It's called notepad:p

Certifications: See my signature
    WIP: MCSD, MCAD, CCNA, CCNP
  2. Clyde

Clyde Megabyte Poster

to answer the question - If I recall correctly, there's a utility called msd.exe that gives some system info

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA, MCSE
    WIP: MCITP
  3. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

6.22 was the first version i ever used, using memaker sucked if you didnt get it right for games and making backup disks for stuff you needed about 8 just for basic programs.

Then there was the fact that you needed to copy config.sys here and paste autoexc.bat there just to get somet to work. But one thing I can say for sure is that because you had to go right into Dos to make it do what you want you knew what it was doing.

Not like fandangled graphical user interfaces:D

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  4. juice142

juice142 Megabyte Poster

Thanks Clyde. 8)

Oh, and 'right turn' of course. :biggrin

J.

Certifications: BSc (Hons), A+, Network+
    WIP: 70-270, MCSA