Doing the 70-290 on Wednesday, HELP!

Discussion in 'Windows Server 2003 / 2008 / 2012 / 2016' started by Rich_A, Apr 12, 2004.

1. Rich_A

Rich_A New Member

Hi guys, nice forum.

Just wondered if anyone had any last minute study tips for this exam? I am doing it on Wed as I mentioned and I am having last minute jitters. I failed it before (got 670 when needed 700 to pass) and my colleage did it recently and only just scrapped it (720 I think) so we are obviously missing somthing! :oops:

If anyone has any tips or pointers that would be great, also if anyone has passed it well, what training aids did you use and find usefull.

Many thanks,

Rich. :)

2. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Hi Rich. Welcome to the forum. Not having ever taken the exam, I don't have any advice to give. However, since you've taken it, you certainly know what to expect. If you took at at school and "scraped by" with a 720, a pass is a pass. I don't know if you can tell where you need to "bone up" on the test but there's bound to be an area or two that you find more challenging. Since you're taking the exam in less than two days, about all you can do now is keep reviewing the high points. Also, take a break and relax before the test. Yes, I know that's easier said than done but it's better to go in to an exam rested. Recall works better when you aren't exhausted. Good luck. Let us know how it turns out.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  3. mattwest

mattwest Megabyte Poster

Some good points from trip there...

I'd say the same, as your into the final stages, just revise what you feel unsure about and anything that is giving you some problems.

Also Yes relax before the exam, get an early night on Tuesday and have a good breakfast, get some fresh air and do a final bit of last minute revision.

THINK CONFIDENCE..... 8)

Good luck!

Matt

Certifications: See my signature...
    WIP: Maybe re-certify my CCNA
  4. Sandy

Sandy Ex-Member

Good Luck!

5. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Rich, go for a jog around the block about 10 minutes beforehand, nice and easy. Gets rid of some of the nervous energy and gets some blood and O2 into the brain.

Good luck with the exam.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  6. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

All the very best of luck, Rich :thumbleft

Let us know how you get on :D

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity